Is the sky real?

If that photo is unedited...

THE END HAS COME!!!!

Its over pp'ed but i have seen skys that look close to this in the southwest US. just have to get the sun in the righ spot with the right degree of dew point.

Hmm, not sure. I've seen images like this one only taken with the help of gradient lens filters. It may not have been looking like that for real but it also doesn't mean that it was photoshopped.

Depending on time of day, atmospheric conditions and location it is possible to get really interesting looking shots. Could be real.

In the world of digital photography, it is hard to say a photo is un-edit. If you take a photo with a digital camera and save it in Jpeg format, chances are the camera already did the processing (editing) before it save the file to the memory flash card.

For example. if a camera is capable of and is set with "Vivid color", the camera will bump up the color saturation before the file is saved.

Really, nothing in photography is real. It's all an illusion... a psuedo recreation. We're not seeing a sunset against a rugged backdrop. We are seeing a rough recreation of a viewpoint displayed flatly on a video monitor. Right?

But I'd say it's very possible that no color PP was done here... a ND split grad could have been responsible for these colors.

Thanks all, I appreciate the time you took to look and the feedback. He now says he used vivid color and an ND grad.;)

I have seen thingslike that in my years in the American West. Don't bee too eager to label it as doctored.

Ask him to see the rest of the images from that shoot. With a sky like that and that setting, I am sure that couldntt be the only one he took! I know I would filll my cards if I had a setting like that.

That scene is gorgeous; however, I'm not impressed by the capture and the PP job is poor. Oh well, it had so much potential!

It could well be real...orange-ish lighting is very common within 20 minutes of sunset over ocean water in many locations during certain months of the year. If you live in the same region, your own experience ought to be a good guide. Do you have beautiful sunsets this time of year at the seashore areas?? If so, chances are it's real.

seems Derrel was on the money, I took Ryans advice and asked him to see some other pics from the shoot and he had quite a few. Colors were in all the pics... so now I concede, the sky is real after all. Once again thank y'all for your thoughts;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back