Is there a D300 thread not?

Just got my a few hours ago... man this thing shots so much better than my D200. Right out of the box it was a noticeable difference.

DWilks, are you noticing a difference in skin? I know no other way to describe it then creamy.
The SOOC shots of my kids look like I did a soft surface blur on their flesh. I am totally loving it hehe.

I'd be so interested to so some comparison pictures between your D200 and D300.

DWilks, are you noticing a difference in skin? I know no other way to describe it then creamy.
The SOOC shots of my kids look like I did a soft surface blur on their flesh. I am totally loving it hehe.

I'd be so interested to so some comparison pictures between your D200 and D300.
Not sure when my wife and daughter get home I will take some pics so we can compare the skin tones.

Here is a shot done with both my D200 and D300, same ISO, F, Exposure, Lens, Focus, Flash Etc.. I have not done any editing to eighter, only set the D300 to manual so I could duplicate the exact conditions.

I am by no means a pro... hell I wouldn't even call myself an amature. I just like snapping photos. So I know someone will comment on how I did it wrong. Your probably correct I did probably do something wrong, but in any condition the D300 is easier for me to use. Giving me a much better shot and picture.

D200
DSC_0143.jpg

D300
DSC_0128-1.jpg

you did something wrong, the same settings would give the same exposure. You underexposed the first one. You were probably using TTL too.

Yes, something VASTLY different. He used a flash on the bottom one, we can see it's reflection in the flooring. The top one is wthout a flash... lol

This is not a fair example of "the same picture" taken with the "same settings"... its not even close to being accurate.

Most reactions

Back