Is there anyone left who wants to learn?

you can always ignore the critiques that you don't like.

I'm a fan of getting as much information as possible and evaluating which info is vital and correct vs. which info is dumb. It's a piece that really helps me learn the most. I'm absolutely new at photography, but that doesn't mean I should shut my mouth. It just means that the more experienced should show me the way.

Here is the problem with that statement. How am I to decide if I can't view the critique's photos? Is he or she someone who just wants to tell everyone that they are great, and we all suck, or do they actually have something going on.

The basic point is this, however.
There used to be a LOT of people here willing to teach everyone whatever they picked up.
And now there isn't, because a lot of people without websites, or posted work, know it all, and they will gladly tell you.
I'm not saying people, couldn't and shouldn't sound in. Yes, absolutely. We all learn a lot that way too. What I'm saying is that there are a few STILL around here willing to help, to those who don't already have it all figured out.
Ugg, I know I'm just exhasted. Sorry for the rant.

Ok, I'm saying this really badly.
Sniff to you too Pete, because you and Allison got me going, and Terri showed me a different way to present it, and Hertz graded me on it, and Jon Micheal helped me keep my chin up. It was a total group effort and that is what I am looking for today.

How could I forget them???? Yes, absolutely yes. And Pete Christie, and Allison and her hubby. Absoluely!

Ooooo.... I should have read further.

How ya been, my friend?

I've had a lot of distractions lately, but I'm still around. I'm pretty scarce here on weekends, and I take Mondays off.

I PROMISE to be more attentive.

I think it's still pretty good around here. And now that we have you more often, it can only bet better.

Some time ago, I suggested that the person requesting C&C included the original they were working from......it was shot down. I still think it's a good idea.

Ugg, I am really saying this poorly, but what I am TRYING to say is that I am willing to help anyone who doesn't know everything already. Gary Fong and the Fong Dong can step away.
Sorry, I guess I'm just grouchy and totally sleepy.

I learned pretty much everything I know from Jon Michael, and Hertz

There still around. Just have to find them.

Hi Pete,
You are way too sweet! I'll be around as much as possbile but I have 3 weddings this week. I'm bitchy just thinking about it. It's prolly why my panties are in a wad. :)

i know what your saying cindy.... but i think people do want to help and everyone is still around from the names you mentioned (apart from jm)... hertz has recently made an appearance and many of us are glad to see him back.... ferny just appeared after a long while away....
so people will come and go... but when we can, we all try and help each other, thats what makes this forum better than any other. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back