Is there anyone left who wants to learn?

I'm not sure I agree with your statement....even if your input is not correct, hopefully someone esle will correct you.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement ;)

I see a lot of people that learn a new concept, shakily, in one thread, and 5 minutes later rushing to try and explain the concept to someone else, before they have a firm grasp. It really just ends up cluttering up a thread in which a basic question can be answered easily, and correctly by someone else (probably the same person or persons that answered it in the previous thread(s).

Sometimes I think people just post for the sake of showing that they know something, rather than actually trying to help someone. I try to answer questions when I am 100% certain that my knowledge is correct, and I fully understand the concept.

Hey AA, you are one of my most faves too, along with Mentos, and many others. I can't explain how much I learned from each and all of you.
Oh, I wish they would come an go as they used to. Not the know all say alls, who advise people based on what they learned in last spring's college class, but based on real world experience, examples, and soforth. I yearn to learn more, but it's hard to take people seriously when they have no examples of work, but plenty of advice.
:)

I can see where you're coming from. As someone who is new here, I do feel that I should be posting pictures in a balanced way with adding my critique/comments to others' photos in order for my words to have perspective.
I am absolutley here to learn. I can't wait to pick all of your brains!
I'm personally reclaiming my love for photography. Back when I was more avid with my photography I had so much to learn and now that I'm getting back into it I feel I've lost ground and have more to learn just to get to the point I was.

You sound like you need a hug :hug::

You know what? I know a little of what you mean. I started out with not much help and I did not get it till I yelled in one of my picture posts "HELP!" (but a very long a wordy paragraph). And then they came from out of no where and really started to post comments on my stuff. For me, Big Mike, Christie Photo, LaPhoto, and (I can picture his Avatar but cannot remeber his name) and a few others, have been such a blessing to me. Oh have been so wonderful!! For that I have been very thankful for.

Maybe what we are running into now is that people are afraid of hurting someones "self-estem" (which does not exsist). We only grow from comments and crituqes. I could be wrong in this thought.

Elsaphet, to answer your posting title question... I am here to learn... and boy am I hugery!

I'm not sure I agree with that statement ;)

I see a lot of people that learn a new concept, shakily, in one thread, and 5 minutes later rushing to try and explain the concept to someone else, before they don't have a firm grasp. It really just ends up cluttering up a thread in which a basic question can be answered easily, and correctly by someone else (probably the same person or persons that answered it in the previous thread(s).

Sometimes I think people just post for the sake of showing that they know something, rather than actually trying to help someone. I try to answer questions when I am 100% certain that my knowledge is correct, and I fully understand the concept.

Good point!.....I inserted foot all too quick!:lol:

hmm,

I am totally lost here ...
... I do get valuable critizism on here.

I never really felt bad about what anyone said regarding my work. ok, might not always agree, but I feel treated very fair on here.

some comments are useful to me, others not, and others are just nice.

Well, I hope my comments did not put anyone off ...

Tang,
Man, the first post I ever made, 2 years ago, was this really crap shot of a fern. I mean, crappola.
I had this spanky new film camera, an Elan NE, and I was just so proud to post the shot.
I can't tell you how many people commented that my shot was "nice, but here is how you can make it better.".
Two years later, I'm a professional wedding photog completely booked for 2007.
"Back in the day...." as us old timers say, there was plenty of help with our bootstraps, chins ups, etc. I'm not saying I didn't get harsh crit, but I got it with, "that's alright, but here is the better way."
That's what's missing her now.

I'm sure I could manage a little light spanking.
I don't know what for, though. I follow your points exactly. And though i wouldn't have phrased it in quite the same way...
Just learn tolerance and how to filter.

*Edit* I'm ahead of you, sweetie, but... (******** I was about to post a rude tail end to that but I won't)

Most reactions

Back