Is this worth it? Nikkormat

cmra8407

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a post offering two Nikkormat FT Nikkormat FT2 with an 85mm lens F2 24mmF2 lens 50 1.6 50 f2 and 135mm he wants 195. Two of the lenses come with boxes. The 85mm and 24 mm. The reason I ask is because I have canon lenses not a 24 or 135mm but I use them with an adapter on my 7D eos. I would have to spend another 60 on an adapter. Is it worth it? I guess I could sell The cameras since I won't need them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Hard to say if its worth it. The price is OK, not a steal but not insane either. I would try to talk them down a little, sell the bodies and use that for the adapter. Worst case, you sell all of it and get your money back.

I would personally be after the 24mm and 135mm

Thank you! I am going to wait for now. Maybe in a week he will be more likely to go down on price.

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Nikon F-mount to Canon EF mount lens adapters...I payed $14.95 each for some decent made in China models a few years ago. Manual focusing, F-mount Ai or Ai-S lenses work pretty well on Canon digital bodies. There is no need to spend $60 for an F- to EF adapter! Check the Fotodiox web site.

Most Nikon 135mm f/2.8 lenses are QUITE good performers, as is the 135mm f/3.5 model. The 85/2 Ai or Ai-S is good at f/2.8 to f/16, but is lacking when shot wide-open at f/2, even on APS-C. I tested my own copy of the 85mm f/2 Ai-S Nikkor a few months ago, and f/2 was not good, but 2.8 was acceptable, and 4 and 5.6 were stellar.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back