ISO 3200!!!

keystervr6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just got a D90, so i tested out the claims of no to low noise at high iso...what do ya think?

3086257792_84c5907386_b.jpg

Looks pretty good to me.

Hey Man, You got any pics from the D90 with the Nifty 50 attached? ...I asked for the 50 for Christmas!

That's almost enough by itself to get a D90!! Now to just eat more rice and beans to save up the $$ :)

i can't believe how well this camera performs under low light. The 50mm 1.8 is a huge addition to it as well.

sorry, i don't have any other photos with it just yet. It's too cold outside and there are too many sports on TV this weekend :lmao:

I have a d200 which I love, but this makes me want a d90. NOW!

That is very impressive. Do you by any chance have any showing how it handles underexposure at that sensitivity? I find this is the huge problem for me with high ISO performance, as a lot of the low light things I have tried involve nighttime street photography. I can often get a nicely lit and exposed subject, but the quality in the dark areas just ruins the image. Here's an example from my K100D, which performs very unimpressively above ISO 800:

iso_test749.jpg

This is a 100% crop at ISO 3200. It's a black shelf against my white(ish) walls. The noise pattern in the white I can live with, but the black is just unusable.

The original post does look really good, what aperture/shutter speed did you use?

I rarely go higher than 400 ISO, if my camera is telling me that, I need to use a tripod.

here's the exif...

Camera: Nikon D90 Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) Aperture: f/11 Focal Length: 50 mm ISO Speed: 3200 Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

i don't have any other shots at that high ISO atm because i rarely shoot that high, i'll see what i can do for you over the next few days though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back