its only fair

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I say so much about other people's composition and photos, its only fair you get a go at me.

This is called dawn in the studio of good and evil. You pick which is which.

It is for the most part right from the camera... A little dust removal which I allow myself, and a little proportional crop since I have to shoot a little loose I do not use an slr, and this was not a view cam image.

So have at it and feel free to edit the hell out of it.
daybreak1_2751.jpg

It has a very vintage feel to it but what I really love about this photo is the bottom right in darkness VS the top left in bright light, almost like a ying yang sign.

I think the mug would look better if it was just plain white so you could see the shadow on the right side of it more. Apart from that I wouldnt change a thing.

Sorry I cant give a proper critique Im only learning myself!
Great pic and very original use of light

That picture taken with one of them digital pinhole cameras I hear so much about these days?

hehe

It's both overblown and under exposed but it.. works for me. I like it.

Free to edit hrm? Well, this was the first thing that came to mind (quick and dirty edit mind you):
252942222_ebbbd1b91f_o.jpg

Thats a fair characterization of it and a reasonable critique...

I am not trying to defend the shot because it is what it is, but let me ask you a question.

Did you ever wake up with a massive hangover and the morning sun shinning in a window.

mysteryscribe said:
Did you ever wake up with a massive hangover and the morning sun shinning in a window.

Oi. When you put it that way, I like #1 better. I really love your second rendition but it doesn't have the same emotion as the first.

In the days before I shot this (same day I posted it) on another thread we were discussing rules of composition and should you bother to learn them. The pros and cons were all over the place, so I thought I'd shoot something that really didn't follow the rules of good photography too closely but would still have an impact on the viewer.

I have no idea if I accomplished the second part, but this certainly does not follow the rules of good photography. As was pointed out it is too bright on one corner and too dark on the other. Not something you would carry to your photo class for sure.

Would I carry it to a festival, if I was still doing them, yes. Why? because I think it makes a statement, and isn't so far from good photography that people would grab their children and run from the exhibit screaming.

You might not like the statement it makes hell I'm not sure I like it all that much, but it does speak to me. Some of the things it says I probably would rather no one see, but it speaks.

Does it work, thats not for me to say. That is for you or more likely someone who actually would put down hard cash to hide it away in his basement bar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back