Jacket Self Portrait For Mom [Help]

Nurd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to take a picture of me with a jacket my mom bought me. So..I did..and this is the outcome. I like the picture, but I don't like it. Something is just..weird about it and I was hoping you all would help me spot it so I can correct it (if it can be corrected) Also I made the colour like this because I wanted it to be kinda like blue and white. Or something. I dunno.

winterportrait2.jpg

I like the shot but you look sad, if its for you mom then I would go for a smile and maybe a little more of the jacket.

But your mom should be impressed you did all this for her and be happy with the shot anyway.

The big shadow on your forehead is distracting, and to be honest, for a shot showing off the coat, I really expected to see much more of the coat. Was this underexposed and you cranked it up in PS? I can see lots of noise in the shadow areas.

I would move the camera back a bit and do more of a 3 quarter length. Stand next to a window.

Well the picture wasn't really to show her the jacket on me...it was to show that I wear the jacket. It wasn't under exposed I just changed the colours, but the picture was grainy to begin with. Yeah I think it might be the shadow and the expression on my face. I guess I'll have to try and take another picture ha ha. Thanks

also

I don't know how to take a picture of me in this jacket without looking like a marshmellow. If I stand back I look like the monster off of ghost busters o_O

well, i kind of like the expression on your face here :)

however, more than one light source might help. or different angle of the light

Try a longer focal length. Wide angle lenses distort facial features when used for portraits, but it's what people tend to use when they do self portraits. I don't see any obvious balloon head here, but I don't know what you look like in person. That may be what's bothering you. It does look a little wide to me, but I've been fooled before. It would make your nose look bigger and ears smaller than normal, and your forehead and chin ends up shaped funny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back