James Dean Doppelganger

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this guy's look. I want more models like this one!

Shot in all natural light with no reflectors.
EOS 5D (MKI)
135mm @f/2.2
1/400 second
ISO 320
robert_by_danostergren-d7tqi3u.jpg

Dude, I'd kill for hair like that. Great pic.

Great, as always.

Nice lighting, but he needs those moles removed.

Beautiful work Dan.

Warhorse, I respectfully disagree, the only reason to take them away is to make him conform to the "perfection" many seem to seek these days (as evidenced by the plastic photoshopping so prevalent these days), perfect skin, perfect body, perfect everything, take them away and you take away some of his uniqueness imho.

Is the lower-contrast look intentional? My reaction was to say "needs more contrast!" but I think this is the second time you've had an image with this look, so maybe it's what you're going for.

Is the lower-contrast look intentional? My reaction was to say "needs more contrast!" but I think this is the second time you've had an image with this look, so maybe it's what you're going for.
Yep. I hate clipped shadows and highlights, and I do not like black and white images that are high in contrast or too bright. I have a personal style and at this point in my "career" I feel that I know what I am doing quite well, and that I can make these choices and defend them.

Yep. I hate clipped shadows and highlights, and I do not like black and white images that are high in contrast or too bright. I have a personal style and at this point in my "career" I feel that I know what I am doing quite well, and that I can make these choices and defend them.

to gain this look you are playing with contrast?

It was just a question. No need to get defensive. No need to defend.

It was just a question. No need to get defensive. No need to defend.

I wasn't being defensive, but now that I'm being publicly accused of it I am starting to feel defensive for a completely different reason than the photos.

Last edited:

to gain this look you are playing with contrast?
It's actually something I achieve with a "curves" adjustment layer. I do add contrast, but I pull the very bottom point of the shadows up a little when creating an "S" curve, and it just barely starts to soften the shadow areas up a bit . I really enjoy the look it gives.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back