jewelry photography and photoshop retouching

This collection of rings looking better than the previous one. In the first set of pictures I am feeling the background is distracting the focus from the main subject, along with that it would be great if you can adjust the shading of those ring pictures.

This collection of rings looking better than the previous one. In the first set of pictures I am feeling the background is distracting the focus from the main subject, along with that it would be great if you can adjust the shading of those ring pictures.

Thank you for your comments.

I found an interesting thing, in China, people love the perfect picture, but it seems a little fake, I have been to the United States of Las Vegas jewelry show, found that most photos are not very good, but is relatively natural effect.
Does this mean that many jewelers do not pay attention to the pictures of jewelry?

Maybe to photoshop~

Attachments

• QZ-IMG0119.jpg
    QZ-IMG0119.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 302
  • QZ-IMG0119.jpg
    QZ-IMG0119.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 259
Does this mean that many jewelers do not pay attention to the pictures of jewelry?
It's not that they don't pay attention, it's that they probably don't "pay" money to have a professional such as yourself take and edit the pictures!

Great work! :smile:

It's not that they don't pay attention, it's that they probably don't "pay" money to have a professional such as yourself take and edit the pictures!

Great work! :smile:

Thank you. Maybe you said the truth, ha ha:chuncky: .
I think maybe people from different places have different tastes of pictures.

I found an interesting thing, in China, people love the perfect picture, but it seems a little fake, I have been to the United States of Las Vegas jewelry show, found that most photos are not very good, but is relatively natural effect.
As like some members have pointed out I would say the same! May be they dont want to spend much money on enhancing those jewellery photos!

In my opinion it's more about a different taste in different parts of the world. Even though you process these pictures nicely, as you said it yourself - it's a little fake. Some people like that, some prefer a more natural look. As long as you can find a customer for what you're doing, you can (and should!!) do whatever you like :)

For major advertising in store displays they do pay attention. But for catalogs they don't want to spend so much. More production line type of work than precision work. I think it's more the custom jewelry makers are the ones who want the best pictures. But of course have the lower budgets as well. And many try to take their own pictures. The one of the last 2 cameras I sold used, went to a custom jeweler. So she could try and take her own pictures. The other went to a realtor who wanted to take better pictures of houses than just his cell phone.

For major advertising in store displays they do pay attention. But for catalogs they don't want to spend so much. More production line type of work than precision work. I think it's more the custom jewelry makers are the ones who want the best pictures. But of course have the lower budgets as well. And many try to take their own pictures. The one of the last 2 cameras I sold used, went to a custom jeweler. So she could try and take her own pictures. The other went to a realtor who wanted to take better pictures of houses than just his cell phone.
Yeah got your point.

Most reactions

Back