Joshua Tree HDR....attempt =(

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this in kind of my first attempt to make an hdr image. I know its not the typical hdr look but i didn't have photomatix to make it look really cool. just kind of messing around what do you think

3142130063_28b53f2eaa_o.jpg

to be honest i dont really like it because it seems that mountains are just blocking my view to the vast expanse beyond them. and to my eye the image seems to be a bit congested. nice looking exposure, colour and shaprness wise, but as an image i wouldnt say its fantasic. but just my opinion and what i see

to be honest i dont really like it because it seems that mountains are just blocking my view to the vast expanse beyond them.

Yeah this is true.

I think it's a good composition, but I think it would be better to simply wait for the right light (ie.: sunrise or sunset) instead of fooling with curves. The right angled lighting would make for some amazing shadows from those rock formations.

I see where you guys are coming from with this. It does seems like the mountains are in the way, i wasn't going so much for composition but really just the hdr technique. I think the hdr would only benefit then with a better scene huh?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back