Jumping Redneck Part II

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And a second jumper!! What do you think? I noticed one thing right off that I do not like about it..the shadow in the bottom corner..yuck!

jumping1.jpg

Alright critique:
He's too centered. I'd crop off the left somewhat, clone out that shadow, and do some sharpening. Back to chat now.

Definitely needs to be cropped so I tried messing with it, and couldn't come up with anything a liked. I also noticed something kind of awkward. The lack of focus on the subject tends to make him look like he's actually standing on the sand that is in the background. Just add his shadow and I would believe that he really was. If you were to take shots like this again, I would have the subject jump in a more dynamic manner and also get him in focus a little more to create a better sense of depth. Maybe even get closer to the subject.

Would love to see it as a panaroma with the top and bottom only slightly above his head and below his feet. Might be an interesting crop. It would allow you to keep the little dune on the right and even the expanse of beach on the left. If I was going to lose anything it would be on the left I think. But hey I like it, the slightly soft subject is good to show motion, I think. And if you do photo shop kinds of things, I think to just raise the contrast on him but not the rest so it gives a little more depth might be interesting, but it is fine the way it is. Just an alternative look based on what you have.

Most reactions

Back