Just Ordered: Adobe Photoshop CS5!

Thanks for the comments!

My long held belief is that we more easily learn, and remember, what we need to know, so I will just plod along and learn the new features as I need them. Although there are a couple that I'm anxious to play with, so I'll look for a photo to play with.....

This is a shot of something I took a while back that I was amused to find was the subject of a demo of CS5, so I will be seeing if I can duplicate what the demo had.

268097890_e7c4ca356d.jpg

ANother thing I love about CS5 is that it supports RAW out of the box. =D HUGE for me, a RAW shooter.

They used your photo, or another photo of the same building?

Ah, no.....same subject but their own photo, or a stock photo, of this iconic Eureka landmark.

ANother thing I love about CS5 is that it supports RAW out of the box. =D HUGE for me, a RAW shooter.

I like that too. Irfanview, a free program also does that too. But I prefer to process my Nikon NEF (RAW) files with Nikon Capture NX2, because it has features not replicated by any other program for the NEF files.

Irfan is an awesome little program and half the reason I am so late getting into Bridge to be honest. I honestly prefer to browse using Irfan but I'm making myself learn to use Bridge effectively anyway. But that's one program I have on my little USB stick permanently. It's completely saved my arse a few times having it on there!

So fun with all the different brushes. Now I feel like i'm going to have to purchase a tablet... more money more money :/ :D

Last edited:
Monoprice.com is making some really nice graphics tablets these days. They're not quite Wacom quality, but they're pretty good for the money, which is near nothing for a graphics tablet of a similar size, comparatively.

Very good entry level tablet if you want to play for less before you go for a pro one. I got the largest one as a gift recently and I am very pleased with it so far. It's priced at like $49 on their site and IMHO it's been worth every penny of that. Eventually I still want a Wacom and would get one if I could ever afford a nice big one, but this one is very usable for a non-pro tablet. Far better than a couple of other cheap tablets I've used.

One little tip though. If you go for one put the drivers for Wacom Intuos on your machine before, then install the drivers for the Monoprice tablet. Doing that adds a few nice extra features for the brushes settings that you'll want to use.

My quick little painting with CS5 of a picture I took.

So fun with all the different brushes. Now I feel like i'm going to have to purchase a tablet... more money more money :/ :D

I'll have to try those! I'm still just getting used to what I'm used to!

Monoprice.com is making some really nice graphics tablets these days. They're not quite Wacom quality, but they're pretty good for the money, which is near nothing for a graphics tablet of a similar size, comparatively.

Very good entry level tablet if you want to play for less before you go for a pro one. I got the largest one as a gift recently and I am very pleased with it so far. It's priced at like $49 on their site and IMHO it's been worth every penny of that. Eventually I still want a Wacom and would get one if I could ever afford a nice big one, but this one is very usable for a non-pro tablet. Far better than a couple of other cheap tablets I've used.

One little tip though. If you go for one put the drivers for Wacom Intuos on your machine before, then install the drivers for the Monoprice tablet. Doing that adds a few nice extra features for the brushes settings that you'll want to use.

I've had a Wacom for over two years and have not yet installed it! It's on my things to do list....

Well, CS5 is a major upgrade and a must do IMHO.

I've had a Wacom for over two years and have not yet installed it! It's on my things to do list....
I haven't used a mouse in over 4 years, using my pen tablet instead.

It take a little getting used but when you do it's sweet and beats the snot out of using a mouse for any kind of computer function.

I haven't used a mouse in over 4 years, using my pen tablet instead.

It take a little getting used but when you do it's sweet and beats the snot out of using a mouse for any kind of computer function.

Thanks! I was thinking about it again today.....and this week I'm going to give it a try.

CS5 arrived yesterday before 10 a.m. woot woot :D

Did you get it your copy yet?

CS5 arrived yesterday before 10 a.m. woot woot :D

Did you get it your copy yet?

You're going to love it! Yes, I've had mine and it's great....I haven't come close to trying all the new features, but the ones I have are a treat!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back