Just when the dust has settled ... It's Windows 10 !!

Soo they are skipping 9 - to me that says two things;

1) Windows 8 was an advertising and interface disaster to such an exceptional degree that they want to jump a billion miles from it (which is a distinct shame, personally I've found it to be the fastest, most stable and reliable windows OS that I've used to date).

2) The changes are so huge that it could potentially be a totally new setup (although that screenshot shows - a start menu!)

Whatever happens I only just got on 8 so eh I won't be jumping for an upgrade any time soon .

I don't know about a huge jump from the other because that photo looked like windows 7 and prior start menu but putting the windows 8 tiles inside that.

Hopefully, they learned a lesson and will get this one right. (Although the track record isn't great.- Think Windows ME to Vista and then finally to Window xp and 7.)

I just used this opportunity to stress again how much I hate W8!

Now excuse me, sorry and thank you!

Last edited:
Soo they are skipping 9 - to me that says two things;

1) Windows 8 was an advertising and interface disaster to such an exceptional degree that they want to jump a billion miles from it (which is a distinct shame, personally I've found it to be the fastest, most stable and reliable windows OS that I've used to date).

2) The changes are so huge that it could potentially be a totally new setup (although that screenshot shows - a start menu!)

Whatever happens I only just got on 8 so eh I won't be jumping for an upgrade any time soon .
I don't know, I have two windows 8 laptops and a windows 7 desktop (custom build). I find 7 so much easier to navigate with a mouse and keyboard. I've never had any stability issues with my desktop nor either of the laptops (barring an odd Adobe update that deleted a directory file, d'oh!). Even moving to 8.1 on the laptops didn't make them as easy as 7 to use. Here's to hoping windows 10 brings back the simple functionality that 8 lacked.

Windoze 8 was the Ford Edsel of the software industry. Hyped endlessly by the retreads from Redmond, Windoze 8's glacially slow adoption rate was so pathetic that the same retread crew in Redmond decided the next version of that stillborn dud needed to be "two versions removed" to get the hundreds of millions of happy Widoze 7 users, and the couple million Windoze 8 users (lol!) to see the "need" to move to yet another expensive update of something perfectly fine. Gotta love the executives at Micro$haft, for they have their own best intere$t$ at heart, God ble$$ them!

Gotta love it!!!!
Windows 10 Error.jpg

Kind of like the big blue screen at the windows XP unveil :laughing:

Its like anything, look how many updates Mac has released. Some better than others.

I suspect that Win 10 will be pretty good, overall......I base this on experience.....when I first started using a computer, and learning to write code, it was on a DOS 2.0 machine......I have lived with MS for all these years.....I was able to avoid ME, VISTA, and am now avoiding WIN 8.....in fact, I just switched from XP Pro to Win 7 earlier this year......the 2 best OS's put out by MS have been XP and WIN 7.....just on their track record alone, I would think that 10 will be good.....maybe not a be-all/end-all winner, but nonetheless, good......I much prefer the operating system VMS.....but hey, I'm old fashioned.....

Windoze 8 was the Ford Edsel of the software industry............

Windows 8 is a 128-bit patch of a 64-bit rewrite of a 32-bit upgrade of a 16-bit fix of an 8-bit OS based on a 4-bit beta written by a 2-bit compnay that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

They say they are, sort of, merging Win 7 and Win 8 into something that is familiar for all users.
Because, according to Microsoft, 7+8=10

Most reactions

New Topics

Back