Keeping the negatives.

As far as catologing your stuff, just search for the many ways via coding. Basically you're coming up with a new language. You get codes like C-CT-35-208-23-A-DF-JU for just one image which for anyone that deals with part numbers all day, starts to make sense. Just sleeve your stuff, put em' in binders, and start using some of the outlines developed by pro stock photographers. Couple that with a spreadsheet via Xcell or a dedicated software catologing system and you'll be able to find anything, anywhere, anytime.....................

The above example is an image from my old database. It's telling me that in binder C, I will find a color transparency from roll number 208, frame #23, shot on 35mm film, a studio headshot of a female with long dark brown hair, and that I have on file a model release to use that picture for personal advertising only.

Of course I don't actually have that model release or binder C anymore as I didn't have a dog to tie those images too. The fire took everything except what equiptment I had lent to my mom and my Xcell spreadsheet. 7038 images up in flames :cry:

not sure if your jokin or bein serious...but poor man :(

Dogs are so usefull, i am right now thinking of a way of filling my negatives on my dog so that, like you said above, i can find them easily.

Ive decided what to do anyways, i bought a refil pack of negative strip things, and an album.

Ill use a self adhesive album thing, and put the catalog pics at the front, and number them 1 - whatever.

When i look for the pic i want, and i find it in th cataglog, i check the number, then go to that page, nice n simple. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back