Kerb's 'Best of 2011'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why everyone loves taking landscape oriented shots.

I disagree with Schwetty's critique of image #10. I don't think it's snapshottish at all. There's a wide range of emotions being shown there from smiles, to shock to what appears to be teary eyed. My first thought was "I wonder what caused this mixed bag of emotions?" so since the image made me think, for me, I think it was a good capture.

I'll defer more detailed criitique to those who do regular wedding photography but will add a few are underexposed and don't need anymore pointing out. I agree with Camz regarding the difficulty of processing the images in a natural color rather than putting them through the PS action of the day. At the end of the day, I think you did a nice job. I do remember you from your former name on the other site and know you have come a long way. Look forward to seeing your best of 2012.

I think landscape oriented shots for weddings or any story telling photos series works. After all, our eyes sees the world in landscape. You can include more people in the shot and capture these emotion as well. Why would you shoot portrait orientation and include the bride and the groom only? The wedding is about the love of 2 person but its also the special day they use to share their vows with everyone they invited to the wedding, Landscape orientation is also a good way to capture the venue. Bride and groom probably spent a lot of money and time choosing the perfect location for their wedding.

We just dont "love" landscape oriented shots, it make sense. There is reasons why people love these shots.

I think landscape oriented shots for weddings or any story telling photos series works. After all, our eyes sees the world in landscape. You can include more people in the shot and capture these emotion as well. Why would you shoot portrait orientation and include the bride and the groom only? The wedding is about the love of 2 person but its also the special day they use to share their vows with everyone they invited to the wedding, Landscape orientation is also a good way to capture the venue. Bride and groom probably spent a lot of money and time choosing the perfect location for their wedding.

We just dont "love" landscape oriented shots, it make sense. There is reasons why people love these shots.

I see. I personally find portrait oriented shots nicer cause' they're rarer and more special.

I like all your photos. I will agree that you have a focus issue with the diamonds. It can be stressful being a wedding photographer in general, whether you're the main photographer or assisting. It's not easy, some people with more experience make it sound easier. Great job in my opinion, I'm sure they loved it. Remember you're dealing with professionals on this forum.

I like all your photos. I will agree that you have a focus issue with the diamonds. It can be stressful being a wedding photographer in general, whether you're the main photographer or assisting. It's not easy, some people with more experience make it sound easier. Great job in my opinion, I'm sure they loved it. Remember you're dealing with professionals on this forum.

You would be surprised at how few professionals are actually on this forum. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/off-topic-chat/258591-what-do-you-do-living.html Most of the professionals don't stick around, get run off, or just get fed up with some of the crap/drama.

In any case, I do agree with the comments about the focus on the diamonds not being perfect. Over the last month or two, I've been using live view and zooming in to make sure I nail critical focus. It seems to have helped quite a bit. At that magnification, f/16 yields about .02 inches of DOF. I've given up on thinking I can focus that accurately using manual focus in a dimly lit reception hall.

LOL at Scwhettylens...especially after seeing his best of 2011.

To everybody who sent PM's I appreciate it. No worries, I don't take what Schwetty says seriously.

FWIW, he was right about a few things. I should have paid more attention to critical focus and the edges of the frames. I plan on doing that in 2012.

Again, thanks for the PM's and the comments.

Hmmmm

LOL at Scwhettylens...especially after seeing his best of 2011.
Care to explain? Maybe you should CC mine.

To everybody who sent PM's I appreciate it. No worries, I don't take what Schwetty says seriously.
OH.... everyone loves Georgie. Hug! Maybe that is your problem. You think what I said is complete crap. Post these photos on a forum where there are actually tons of wedding pros and see to your self how they respond. I am sorry, I love TPF but how many wedding pros do we have that visit and post regularly?

FWIW, he was right about a few things. I should have paid more attention to critical focus and the edges of the frames. I plan on doing that in 2012.

Again, thanks for the PM's and the comments.

I find it so funny how TPF members are so critical toward new members but not toward regular members or "pros".

OH.... everyone loves Georgie. Hug! Maybe that is your problem. You think what I said is complete crap. Post these photos on a forum where there are actually tons of wedding pros and see to your self how they respond. I am sorry, I love TPF but how many wedding pros do we have that visit and post regularly?

He has. Funny thing, quite a few thought image 10 told a story. For the record, I don't know kerb from a hole in a wall. I just call it like I see it. There's an apparent underlying issue at hand and anyone that's been around for a while can see it.

It was not directed toward you Tee. Everyone has their own opinion. It was more directed toward Kerb has to post it on here that he received several PMs. I dont expect everyone to agree 100% with me. If you dont agree with #10... I am fine with that.

He has. Funny thing, quite a few thought image 10 told a story. For the record, I don't know kerb from a hole in a wall. I just call it like I see it. There's an apparent underlying issue at hand and anyone that's been around for a while can see it.

It was not directed toward you Tee. Everyone has their own opinion. It was more directed toward Kerb has to post it on here that he received several PMs. I dont expect everyone to agree 100% with me. If you dont agree with #10... I am fine with that.

Roger.
We had, briefly, a huge player in the wedding scene and world of photography overall on here. Mark McCall. He got ripped to shreds. Maybe he didn't post his best work from the onset but he is a wealth of knowledge. He could've added a lot of depth to the site.

I guess I missed the thread where Mark McCall got ripped. I was on a hiatus while that happened. I take no responsibility!

Schwetty, the sad part is you kind of changed the entire dynamic of this thread. Your hatred of Cindy and anything not done 'your' way has forced several accomplished photographers away from this forum. So much so that I got PM's at this, and other forum's about your response in this thread. Congrats, you're famous.

I've acknowledged that you have some valid criticisms. Some I agree with and some I don't. Again, I appreciate the time you took in posting.

Keep pointing fingers George. I know several people who can't stand your attitude either. Can't just blame me. Maybe those pros need to grow thicker skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back