Konica Memory Card

Arnold

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I’m new at this forum and looking forward to many interesting discussions. I have a Konica Minolta 5D. My question is: How big capacity can I have in my memory card(Compact Flash)? What brand and model do you recommend?

Regards
The Swede

I think I saw a 16gb card the other day. But really even on RAW my camera can fit 115 photos on a 2gb card and I don't expect to take more than 115 fantastic photos per day :) If i'm trigger happy the average photos will just have to make space.

Hello again!

Do you think I can put a 16Gb memory card in my camera? Isn't there a limit? Haven't found any notes in my instruction manual(or internet) but I heard that in some cases you have to upgrade the firmware in the camera.

Well that's easy to find out. Stick the current memory card into the computer, right click on the drive, and click properties. Find out what filesystem it is FAT16 or FAT32.

FAT16 has a max formatted size of 2 or 4gb, FAT32 has a max 32gb size. This is the only limitation that applies to reading and writing of memory cards.

Hello!

I’m new at this forum and looking forward to many interesting discussions. I have a Konica Minolta 5D. My question is: How big capacity can I have in my memory card(Compact Flash)? What brand and model do you recommend?

Regards
The Swede

It depends on the firmware(the software in your camera). I suspect that the original firmware had a limit of 2 Gig compact flash cards. You would need to find a source on the Internet and follow the procedure for updating your firmware, if you wanted more than 2 gig.

If you got a newer version of th 5D or one that had already been updated then you may be able to go beyond the 2 gig limit. A camera specialty store or researching the Minolta 5D on the net for what are the specifications of the firmware may get you the definitive answer.

skieur

Most reactions

Back