An unusual crop for me.

133792986-L-1.jpg

Larger 1040 pixels here

Unbelievable.

is it a HDR photo ?
wonderfull landscape

just the dark line at the top of the mountains disturbs a little

Wow, lookit all dem sheep!

Stunning image, with the trademark Woodsac clouds!

Thanks all!

It is an HDR, erick. The dark line was a deep shadow caused by thick, low clouds.

the version on here is incredible but the high res version is just too good
amazing

Wow. Amazingly beautiful.

Dani

I feel like I could touch them clouds.
The detail and the shadows the clounds leave on the landscape.
Wow. I couldn't be more jealous!!!

And to think, some people think landscapes are boring. Pff.

hmmm...i dont want to be the only one to disagree....
but i kinda dont like the HDR treatment here,
To me, the image looks fake because there is no
sence of depth to the photo in that the mountains
are the same "brightness" as the sheep are the same brightness
as the sky which gives it a flat feel. Like one thing stacked
ontop of another.
normally i love your HRD photos but this one just isnt doing it for me
:er:

Thanks again.

fightheheathens...no worries. That's the beauty of art...not everyone likes it...and you don't have to like it :)

Although I do slightly disagree. There is actually plenty of contrast. But there aren't extreme shadows or highlights, and I think it's hard for the eye to accept that. The fg is clearly darker than the grass behind the sheep. The sheep all have shadows underneath them, and some have some blown highlights on their back (couldn't help it :p ). There's also tonal gradation on the mountains from top to bottom.

I do appreciate the honesty. I'm always curious how many people don't like something about my work, and most times people don't say what they don't like. I've got thick skin and appreciate the feedback :thumbup:

Again I am amazed by your result. Even though there is so much going for this photo, for me it's the sheep in the middle who's looking at the camera that puts this over the top for me.

^^ i noticed that sheep too, there's a thousand of them out there and only one seems to notice/care that woods is out there.

the crop definitely works well here, great shot!

This is amazing! I love seeing your work. I have a question though and I might be flamed for being the newb but oh well... How did you do an HDR and not have the sheep moved or blurred? Is this off of one image? And how do you get the clouds to look like that? Sorry again

good one woods.... i love the sheep in this one, they add another layer of interest as opposed to just another mountain landscape.... great work :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back