LCD screen resolution.

photogincollege

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know if the screen on the nikon has better resolution or something? I went to the store and took some pictures with the nikon d80 and canon 30d and the nikon seemed to be more representative of the real world, the color was better (the canon's white seemed a bit yellow) and the nikon was sharper all around. I want peoples honest opinions please, i know this question is set to turn into a brand war but please try to be as little biased as possible, i mean i have my brands dont get me wrong ha ha.

To tell you the truth, I could care less about the on-board LCD/TFT screens on any DSLR. All I really need it to do is show me settings, menu options and a rough representation of what I just took. There is absolutely no way I will use that tiny screen to judge true focus, let alone color accuracy. All post-proceesing will be done on my PC anyway which is calibrated to my monitor and printer weekly. If color accuracy on a small LCD in the field is your thing, than invest in a portable media storage device like the Epson P-5000 or a calibrated laptop. Keep in mind that all devices will have to run the same color management settings for it to be absolutely consistent from camera to PC to monitor and to printer.

photogincollege.....You have pretty much the same questions on 2 different threads.

Some of your questions are almost the right ones.

In this case you have to understand (as stated previously) the only REAL information you get from the LCD, is the histogram. The image you see is not what you will see on-screen insofar as quality and color. Many of us wish the LCD gave only the histogram info full screen.

No matter what your choice of camera brand, you will have to gain solid working abilities in post processing on your computer. You are now the "darkroom".

Again, many of us shoot in RAW which is the digital equivalent of a "negative". The little LCD image has real value only as to if you got the shot.

Haven't you asked this exact question in at least on other thread?

Canon/Nikon...it's doesn't really matter? Coke/Pepsi...Ford/Chevy...Red/Blue...

I think TheTraveler used the right terminology in another related/redundant thread. That term would be "masturbating" this topic.

At some point, one must stop stirring the debate from all sides and get on board with one format or the other.

Most reactions

Back