Learning To Read

James_L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Image is scanned from slide.

35906804.jpg

Thanx, I needed a good laugh.

Edit: oops, critique gallery. The good laugh is from the subject. Laughing with you, not at you. :)
BTW, great shot.

First reaction: Brilliant; very, very funny.

Second reaction: Where's the water? I tried looking for it... is it the blue slice at the top of the frame? I doubt it, it looks like sky, in which case it's distracting. It also shows a green tint, which looks unnatural. I don't think you would lose anything by trimming the very top of the frame.

Third reaction: Brilliant; very, very funny.

Matthew,
I agree with you on both counts. It could stand to be cropped at the top. And it has a bit of a green cast. It seems to be more exaggerated in the scan than in the original image.

It was definitely a "grab shot" with not much in the way of pre-arrangement.

Thanks for your comments.

Also, thanks to all who commented. It's much appreciated.

James

Looks to me like it's been p/shopped. Either that or the kid has very light skin :p If it hasn't been p/shopped, then, nice shot :D Very funny, that could be an internet classic :)

Edit: Also the shadow of the kid looks drawn in. And he/she looks way too small. I think I might be over analysing it now.

Trig,
Thanks for the feedback.

This shot wasn't ps'd in terms of it's composition. The boy and the sign really were there when I took the shot.

But this is a slide scan and I did try to adjust the levels and curves a little in ps. Looks like I could still use some work in that area because the colors are still a little off. And yes, I agree the skin tone is not quite right.

Thanks again for your comments!

great subject and great composition! Definately made me laugh out loud! :lol: thanks for sharing!

Zach :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back