Legit?

*cough* bull*cough* spears *cough* spears? *cough* you know what I mean *cough*

Thanks a ton.

How about 5diamondcameras and newegg?

EDIT: I would also like to know, if I sell my d40 + stock lens for $430ish would it be worth it to buy a D80 if I could get for $550ish?

I mainly would like the fact that I can auto focus my lens. Which in my opinion is worth the $100ish alone. Then adding all the other stuff it seems like a great deal.

Your opinions?

Last edited:
newegg maybe, never heard of 5diamondcameras.

Best bet is to stay (on-line sales) with B&H or Adorama. They are solid and their prices are not only reasonable, but a marker for scams. If you get a price far below theirs, most likely it's a scam or bait & switch.

Just my 2¢.

Yeah thats what everyone on here seems to say.

Which made me question how legit these really are ha.

Newegg is $100 cheaper then adorama.

And if i am spending $200 after selling my d40, then thats starting to get into the zone of not being worth it from what I see.

Opinions?

amazon has always been reliable for me -- and often much cheaper than adorama or bh -- they are not camera educated, though, so if you need sales help, i recommend one of the camera places

Newegg is BY FAR the best place on the internet for computer stufff

Fastest shipping I have ever experienced (I have had times I received item in less than 48 hours after ordering without paying extra), and known for OUTSTANDING customer service.

Should be just as good for cameras.

Alright sounds good.

Now the question is, do you guys (and gals) think this is really a good upgrade for me?

You can checkout my flickr to see what style/level of photography I do.
I personally find myself still in a "newb" stage and still think I have lots to learn, but I think this d80 would be worth the extra $100ish.

Newegg is BY FAR the best place on the internet for computer stufff

Fastest shipping I have ever experienced (I have had times I received item in less than 48 hours after ordering without paying extra), and known for OUTSTANDING customer service.

Should be just as good for cameras.

Agreed on Newegg. I never bought camera stuff from them, but I have bought a DVD player, a lot of computer stuff and assorted gizmos from them and haven't ever, not once, had a problem.

Didn't realize you were doing an upgrade from D40 to D80.

DO IT!!! and never look backwards.

Haha well that means alot coming from you.

I see lots of your posts, and you know your stuff.

So yeah I will for sure do it if I end up selling my d40.

Now, whats a good price for a literally perfect condition d40 with perfect condition stock lens (battery/charger included) + Nikon d40 for dummies book.

As far as warranty and stuff, read the mice type. That's one of the comforts of Adorama and B&H. Never any worries there. They are upfront on warranties / grey market items.

Most reactions

Back