Leica M9 - taking pre-orders

Leica has been taking pre-orders since 9/9/09..... they are experiencing issues with keeping up with back orders.

Doesn't impact me... by the time I have the cash, they would have resolved the issue AND probably be a few on the used market.

If I was going to drop that much coin on a camera, it would be a 1Ds4 or a D3X. I wouldn't spend $7k on a pocket camera.

So instead of all these mean piss on Nikon avatars that idk how to make just make one of leica and we can all be friends! :lmao:

i love leicas but have never held one. they look so slick haha. but i think my 7grand could be put elsewhere haha. maybe after i get everything i want for my more serious stuff, then i will look into one. but 7k on, well a street shooter to me, no thank you lol

I want this camera more than anything, along with the fastest lens in the world!

So instead of all these mean piss on Nikon avatars that idk how to make just make one of leica and we can all be friends! :lmao:

Then how is everyone supposed to know their fanboys? :lol:

Then how is everyone supposed to know their fanboys? :lol:
Exactly.

Unlike some here, we prefer to be open about it! What's worse than a fanboy? A deceitful fanboy, I say!

That .95 glass is crazy though. People just know we shoot Nikon because we are amazing.

as amazing as the pictures a camera can produce its not worth 7K! that money is going towards the M3 payment

If I was going to drop that much coin on a camera, it would be a 1Ds4 or a D3X. I wouldn't spend $7k on a pocket camera.

I would... but only if:

- it was compatible with Leica SLR (tele) lenses
- if the focusing system was vastly improved. As Thom Hogan points out:

[...] really only the 24 to 90mm range is well served by the viewfinder and focusing system; the wider than 24mm lenses often tend to be focused by zone or DOF rather than visually. Basically, the M rangefinder system plays well with manual focus primes in a fairly narrow focal length range. This, in turn, dictates the use of the camera. The M bodies are not sports cameras. They're not wildlife cameras. They probably won't be video-enabled cameras.

article: Luminous landscape

So basically.... if it wasn't a "rangefinder" camera. The small size, though? Yes please. I've considered a Micro Four Thirds camera for traveling, but the image quality just. isn't. there. from what I can tell. And I don't think that is about to change.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back