Leith Part 1

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are my only digital shots from my LONG walk today along Leith. I took a whole role of Fuji Velvia on much more interesting stuff though. So keep a lookout, those will be up tomorrow or the next day. Let me know what you think. These were with the 40mm f/2.8 on my Pentax K100D.

watersofleith.jpg

jeandelalune.jpg

Looks like a beautiful place! It may be my screen, but to me they seem a little dark. Also, the positioning of the boat on the second one just doesn't seem quite right to me. Otherwise, great colours; looks like a great place!

Thanks. I think they are dark -- I edited them on my girlfriend's computer, not mine, and her monitor brightness is weird.

I agree.. the composition on both of these is lacking. I spent much less time, just snapped a few with the digital. I took my Pentax ME-F on the tripod, and spent much more time composing and all.

I think #1 is beautiful. I can see that to get the right brightness for the sky the rest had to be a bit on the dark side but theres still a decent balance. Very nice. I agree with Wendy on #2, for some reason it feels like the ship should have been on the right side.

My guess is that if you use move the mid-tones to the brighter side (levels) number one will be even more gorgeous.

I like the composition and think this would make a super print.

My guess is that if you use move the mid-tones to the brighter side (levels) number one will be even more gorgeous.

I like the composition and think this would make a super print.

I agree -- if you select only the buildings first, and leave out the sky, then go into levels, you can regain a lot of empty space on the right side of the histogram and get a lot more detail and contrast in the darker areas of the picture, while still retaining the detail and exposure of the clouds (which is great btw)

Thanks guys. Well, I took almost the exact same shot as #1 with a sharper lens, on some Fuji Velvia, with a polarizing filter. I think it will come out perfect on film, so before I spend time messing with this one, I'm going to see how it comes out from the lab.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back