Lens Across America : ROUND 3!

FYI ... in the voice of Chewbecca .... oh wait ... I don't know how to type that sound
okay, from the little green guy Yoda .... no have adapter yet, no can forward. The force don't work on Canon. Canon the dark side!

Man. I'll never get to participate in one of these things. Maybe it's my fault..................

Man. I'll never get to participate in one of these things. Maybe it's my fault..................
'ya just have to ask to be put on the list ...

as long as you aren't a Canon user it should be smooth sailing. Well, as smooth as a lens with whacked cams can be.

:waiting:

Well, photodude1956 hasnt' been online sine January, and Justman1020 since May. So maybe it's time to skip past them to Rocketman. Unless he needs the Canon adaptor.

Well, photodude1956 hasnt' been online sine January, and Justman1020 since May. So maybe it's time to skip past them to Rocketman. Unless he needs the Canon adaptor.

Then lens is already in transit to Aloicious

I haven't received the Adapter yet. When it gets here then I'll forward it to the next Canon user after I check where the lens is.

Then lens is already in transit to Aloicious

I haven't received the Adapter yet. When it gets here then I'll forward it to the next Canon user after I check where the lens is.

Alrighty then!

Yup, I'll let y'all know when I receive it. are we missing a bunch on the panoramio group? last ones I see on there are back from snowbear.

That Rocketman fellow needs the adapter, I suppose I could free lens it now that experimentation time is more aplenty but I'd rather shoot native.

That Rocketman fellow needs the adapter, I suppose I could free lens it now that experimentation time is more aplenty but I'd rather shoot native.
We have some time as Aliocious should be getting the lens anydays
and hopefully the adapter will show up in the mean time.

Lens came today. wow, this thing is goofy. the zoom definitely has some problems with it, but MF seems to be fine, I'll get some shots and pass it on. I am starting a new position at work this week so it may be a few days before I can get out and shoot with it.

Hey I found the receipt ... I can give you the shipping information now :mrgreen:

due to the issues with the Zoom, I'm just leaving this thing at 50mm and using MF. I'll probably do stitched shots if I need a wider view than 50mm gives, and crop if I need a narrower view.

I'm going to take it to work with me today and see if I can stop some places along my commute and do a few shots here and there. we've got a nice thunderstorm going on so it should make for some interesting views, luckily I've got a rain cover that will keep the lens and body dry...Plus this will be the first time I'll be able to use my "new" geared head out in the field (its a modified Arca d4), so that'll be fun.

due to the issues with the Zoom, I'm just leaving this thing at 50mm and using MF. I'll probably do stitched shots if I need a wider view than 50mm gives, and crop if I need a narrower view. .

yeah, I just kept it in manual and did manual zooming and focusing.
But as you saw, zooming for some reason changes the focusing.
and the cams get stuck

not a lens you want AutoFocus turned on

Most reactions

New Topics

Back