lens adaptor question

myopia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have a canon 50mm f/1.2 that fit on my dad's (now broken) canon AE-1. is there an adaptor out there that would make this work on my minolta?

edit: minolta srT-100x/ minolta x-370 are the cams i own (md/mc mount)

I have heard of adaptors for Canon FD to Canon EF...but I don't know if I've ever seen an FD to Minolta. :scratch:

Did you Google it?

Cjeck ebay and adorama they have all sorts of adapters.I have seen canon to minolta but unsure if they were the one you are looking for

I'd do a bit of research before checking eBay. People are making adapters for all sorts of lens-to-body combinations, but some don't work very well together; not just because of metering or aperture control but simply because of spacing. It's probably best to find out if it's physically possible to get an FD lens on a manual Minolta body and still retain infinity focus and if it needs a glass element to do this.

I'd do a bit of research before checking eBay. People are making adapters for all sorts of lens-to-body combinations, but some don't work very well together; not just because of metering or aperture control but simply because of spacing. It's probably best to find out if it's physically possible to get an FD lens on a manual Minolta body and still retain infinity focus and if it needs a glass element to do this.

that was the basis of my question... does anyone know if it would be worth it?

It looks from this like an FD lens on a manual Minolta mount would need a glass element, and I don't think it would be worth it due to the degrading of image quality. To be honest it would probably be better just to pick up another old Canon cheap. That would seem to be worth it just so you can use an f/1.2 lens.

It looks from this like an FD lens on a manual Minolta mount would need a glass element, and I don't think it would be worth it due to the degrading of image quality. To be honest it would probably be better just to pick up another old Canon cheap. That would seem to be worth it just so you can use an f/1.2 lens.

yeah i agree.

anyone have a canon body for under $100 for me?

Most reactions

Back