lens cleaner

Mr.Bluesky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What kind of lens cleaner do you guys use? does it even mater what kind? and what should i use to clean the lcd?

only cloth, nothing else, no liquid anything?

I usually just use a cloth. If it really needs it I use a solution called Formula MC that came with a cleaning kit I got from Copper Hill Images.

LCD? I don't use mine (it doesn't work), so I rarely clean it. The micro fiber cloth should do fine on it though.

is that good for taking of a finger print?

Yeah, but the cloth by itself would probably work just as good for a fingerprint or two.

I find that I only need to use liquids when it is REALLY dirty (imagine a 5 year old kid playing with it with grubby hands).

I simply use the microfiber cloth and a little breath. No chemicals. Too many coatings on these lenses and filters to worry about.

The LCD?... haa... just but a screen protector witch costs around 5-10$ and you can wipe it with anything :))
But still with out any protection you can wipe it with a soft cloth :)

The lens, well definitly use a microfiber and maybe use a solution. I have a cleaning kit from giottos and i have a microfiber cloth, a solution, a brush, a blower and a some "sticks" i don;t know how are called which are use for cleaning the image processor in case you have some dust which you can;t remove it with a blower.
For the lens to be sure you can use an UV filter. so you clean the lens and the filter very goodn, then put the filter, and then you won;t need to remove the filter pretty often so every time it get's dirty you wipe the filter and not the lens :)

I meant when it comes to what you use to wipe...microfiber only!

Like the others mentioned, all you really need is a microfiber cloth. Just breathe on it and wipe clean.

For stubborn smudges I have some type of lens cleaning solution, but it tends to leave a residue that I have to breathe on and wipe off anyway. I usually don't have smudges though, it's flecks of things that appear on the lens. My Giottos rocket air blower handles those quite well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back