Lens Decisions, Sigma 17-70mm or 18-125mm

Rodderz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've recently bought a Canon 400D that has the bog standard 18-55mm kit but I'm looking for something with a bit more reach.

I used to have a Sigma 28-200mm on my old EOS 300 and I liked the focal range you got with this.

I've been looking at Sigma's 17-70mm & 18-125mm as these are around the price I'm looking at paying for a lens. I've read mixed reviews on the 18-125 and wondered whether I should sacrifice the reach I would get from the 18-125.

I do tend to take more landscape shots than close-ups, but there is that occasion where I like to get in close and shoot some odd part of an ancient building, or an animal.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot
Matt

The 18-200 is a bit too pricey, the 28-200 is not quite wide enough. I know I'm being a bit picky. I'm going to travel a bit and don't want to be weighed down with lenses.

Generally speaking, there is no free lunch....

If you want one lens that covers short and long situations adequately, you need to spend big money..........

Otherwise, get yourself two good lenses that will cover most of what you want to shoot......... One that covers short to mid range, and one that covers mid to long range.

.......... that's the whole point with having interchangeable lenses...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back