lens dilemma

ygb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a couple of weeks ago I broke my Sigma 18-50mm macro.
I took it to local repair shop and they told me that they can fix it for $260 which is about half the price of the new one. I was all ready to ship it to sigma instead but started to think that maybe I should look around and decide if it's worth fixing or buying something else instead.
I used this lens on Canon 60D.
There are many things I liked about this lens: f2.8, short focusing distance, and the zoom range 28mm -80mm.
This would allow me to use it as wide angle as well as portrait lens for indoor.

What I didn't like about it is that it's specifically for APS-C sensors. I am still hoping to upgrade to full frame one day and I wouldn't want to start replacing all the glass as well, so I prefer to buy full frame lenses if possible.

I can't seem to find any full frame lenses that would be equivalent to 24-70mm f2.8 on on my 60D or even any other cropped sensor lens to give me what I want. Another lens I am considering is Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. It has some appeal - great reviews, fast lens, but I think the zoom range is kind of odd. If it was 18-50mm I'd be very excited about it. It doesnt have short focusing distance and its only for APS-C sensor. Any other options that I dont know about?

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on the matter.
thank you
Yuliya

I have a 60D and the lens that is mostly on that camera is a Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4 MACRO for APC sensor. If you have no plans to go full frame then I recommend this lens else look into only full frame lens so you, won't have to re-buy later.

Most reactions

Back