lens rentals

BigJake0893

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I have been shooting with a canon t3i for a few years now with just an 18-55 and a 50 prime lens and am looking to expand my lens kit. I am looking at a few lenses and in my search I have ran into some sites that say they let you rent lenses for a time. I was wondering if anyone had tried these mail order lens rentals and if so what is your thoughts, and how was your experience, also would you recommend any sites. The main reason I am looking at this rather than at a shop is that the closest shop to me is around 2 hours plus away. I appreciate any feed back and discussion on this, thank you all.

BigJake

Are you in the USA?

There are several reputable lens rental outfits in the US.
I recommend lensrentals.com

I've successfully used lensrentals.com in the past.

I've also used LensRentals.com very successfully. Not only do they run a good business, but the founder, Roger Cicala, has established a blog that is very rich in detail about a bunch of (lens or other equipment) topics.

Even if you don't end up renting anything from them, I'd still spend some time reading about the lenses you're interested in. There will certainly be some nuggets of good information there.

Yes I am in the U.S. :1247: Thank you guys I will definitely have to check them out. I just want to try them for a bit to see if I like them so this will be good. Do you know about how long that they let you rent for or does that vary?

Before I bought my 400 f2.8 I rented it for a weekend. Long telephotos are beasts unto them selves and not always for everyone. Great smooth transaction.

You don't say where in the US you are. You might look at the Brick & Mortar stores in your are. Many of them rent as well. No shipping/shipping costs etc.

You don't say where in the US you are

I'm from Oklahoma in the west part. Unfortunately we don't have much in the way of photography stores of any kind around here.

They have rentals.
Bedford Camera & Video | New Used Cameras Lenses Accessories
8172 East 68th Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
Or
3110 North May Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112

So do these folks.
Baker Photo
401 W Main St,
Yukon, OK 73099

While you are at it stop here:
Eischen's Bar  
109 2nd St
Okarche, OK 73762

Best Fried Chicken you will ever find.

Last edited:
LOL sounds good I'll have to check it out Tulsa is a bit far but Yukon aint bad thank you

I've also used LensRentals.com very successfully. Not only do they run a good business, but the founder, Roger Cicala, has established a blog that is very rich in detail about a bunch of (lens or other equipment) topics.

Even if you don't end up renting anything from them, I'd still spend some time reading about the lenses you're interested in. There will certainly be some nuggets of good information there.
I really enjoy the blog

Is the blog just off their main site?

I've rented from LensRentals a couple of times. They're very good. The gear shows up extremely well-packed. The gear was in great conditions. It was easy to do. The box has a pre-addressed return label inside. When I was done with the gear, I packed it back in the same box, put the return shipper on, and dropped it at the nearest FedEx shipper.

I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again.

I've rented from LensRentals a couple of times. They're very good. The gear shows up extremely well-packed. The gear was in great conditions. It was easy to do. The box has a pre-addressed return label inside. When I was done with the gear, I packed it back in the same box, put the return shipper on, and dropped it at the nearest FedEx shipper.

I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again.
Only issue I had is a local one: FedEx Express is not a shipping option so I need to drive 25 miles to get to a 'regular' FedEx office.

I've been very pleased with the process overall, tho.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back