DONATING stuff for Nikon! (or, FREE Nikon stuff)

Is this guy for real?

• seems like a pretty legit guy

• probably mental

• who cares, its free stuff

Results are only viewable after voting.

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ran out of room in our small camera bag after getting a new fuji lens and flash, so i had to dig out our old Tenba messenger bag. this, of course, led to the discovery that I still had some leftover Nikon stuff.
anyway....ive got a flash bracket and SC-29 flash cable to give away. the sc-29 is the newer flash cable and has the IR AF assist beam. (works really well)
AND....just because it seems a little silly to give away a flash bracket and cable with no flash....im going to throw in a flash to complete the set. (I havent decided on the flash that will be donated yet, it will probably either be a yongnuo 568EX or a neewer vk750)
what does this mean you ask? well, it means that if you are interested in getting into some flash photography and want to get the flash off the camera, but not OFF camera...then this is the setup for you!

heres the flash bracket. now, to use the flash cable with this, you will have to unscrew that cold shoe mount from the bracket, and put the flash cable piece on instead.
20170213_142623.jpg

the flash holder moves to a 90 degree position so if you are shooting portrait orientation, you just flip the flash over into this position and its facing upright again. its like magic! only, not.
this is a huge advantage to using a flash bracket over just mounting the flash directly to the camera.
20170213_142642.jpg

and heres the flash cable. pretty self explanatory really...
20170213_142723.jpg

just the box it came in showing it as an SC-29 TTL flash cable. in case you didnt think i know what equipment i have or something.
20170213_142745.jpg

and here it is all together with my fuji gear.
20170213_142113.jpg

it may be hard to see in the picture, but the bolt that holds the cold shoe mount is longer than needed for the flash cable piece. sooooo.....i had to use a few washers between the bracket and the sc-29 in order for it to thread on tight. cant use the washers underneath or else the bracket wont sit flat. (you'll see what i mean when you get it)
ideally, i should have just taken the bolt to the hardware store and bought a shorter one....but i didn't.
20170213_142131.jpg

well, there it is.

if you want to get in on this, you have to meet a few criteria.
1: have a Nikon DSLR
2: not already have a flash.
3: be an established contributing member of the forum.
4: be in the CONUS or Canada.

to be eligible, post in this thread with your interest and a picture of your camera.
obviously a Nikon camera is required due to the flash cable being proprietary.
ill let this run for a bit to see if there's any interest. if there is, me and the wife will decide on a recipient after a currently undetermined period of time.

As usual, we cover all shipping charges, so the recipients out of pocket cost of getting this to their door is zero. ($0)

Oh well, I have a flash but looking for the cable and bracket. Maybe next time.

Looks like a good deal for someone.

Awesome offer man, good kit to help someone learn!

Get on this people! If you're an apsiring wedding or event photographer this is an awesome opportunity for you.

That SC-29 speedlight connector cord is the shizz, as far as the Nikon branded cords go! vest one they have ever made! How generous of you, pixmedic.

Great offer but I'm in the same boat as snowbear.

Wow, a free SC-29 :(
I already have a bracket, flash, and the cheaper SC-17.
If no one wants the SC-29 ... or the rest of it ...

Great generous opportunity for someone that doesn't have the setup.

Well, just to throw a little petrol on the fire...
The wife felt that since we never use the flash without some sort of diffuser/flashbender on it, why would I expect someone else to?

To that end, I am now including a 4x5 speedlight softbox with the setup.

20170214_200607.jpg

20170214_200722.jpg

20170214_200703.jpg

Sent via Synchronized Cardioversion

If available I would like it. Have a new 3400 no flash thanks . Will pay shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to get back into flash photography someday but I certainly don't deserve this.

But I wanted to say what a wonderful thing you are doing, an awesome way to give back to the photography community!

Someone will be pretty happy!

That SC-29 speedlight connector cord is the shizz, as far as the Nikon branded cords go! vest one they have ever made! How generous of you, pixmedic.

i was really impressed with it.
the best feature is the AF assist light. you can turn the flash off when your in an area that you dont want to use flash in, but still have an AF assist beam.
it projects a really nice grid. I found it very helpful in low light areas where i couldn't use flash.

I am in Germany. I got sb800 sb600 a lot of Nikon DSLRs and lenses. So not for me because Germany is outside the range. Right. Otherwise the sc-29 would really be something that fits in my bag nicely.

Hey there! Very generous of you. I live in the DC area. I have 3 Nikon bodies (a D70, which I'm holding on to experiment with an underwater shoot), a D7000, and a D600. I've attached a photo of the D7000 and D600 bodies. Additionally, I gave one of my D7000 bodies to my son who is in Orlando. So you wouldn't even have to mail anything--you could just arrange a pickup by him (he works at UCF) and then I'd coordinate with him (we see him on big holidays and periodically come by to see him).
IMG_1331.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back