Lens sharpnes help!

What kind of camera are you using?

On my camera I can change the focal point to where I want it to be. I have no idea how to do this.. but I know the camera can do it. Perhaps, your camera does the same thing and somehow it's been changed?

I am super new- So, if you are way advanced-sorry for trying to help.

Last edited:
Try your micro adjustment setting on the 50D. It may be off a little. I fine tuned mine using a page of writing from any olfd book laid out on a table. set your camera to its maximum aperture and shoot at the lowest angle almost parallel to the text. focus on a single of a word and then playback the image to see if the focus is off in a backward or forward direction, then change your microadjustment accordingly. there are fancy focus chats online but i found thi sto work great. Good luck

What is a olfd book? Other than that I will give it a try. A previous poster led me to a printout (from a d70forum ) of a sheet make the adjustments on. Thanks.

yes you can use the chart . any book. just a page with words on it :p. Experiment and compare your images. use the center focus point.

before you screw around with the fine adjustments, give the camera a test under better conditions.
The image you have is at a high iso, handheld at low speed in very soft light - all factors go towards reducing sharpness.

Put the camera on a tripod with lower iso, higher shutter speed in decent light - then post a 100% crop along with a bigger image of the original, along with the settings you have for your jpgs.

That's using your noodle.
Start with the easy stuff to fix.

Most reactions

Back