Lensbabies

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thinking of trying one of these to give my photos a little bit of something extra. I have seen that quite a few of you use them and Im just wondering if they are a pain to take on and off, if you find them to be a crucial artistic tool. etc.

Thanks!

-Rachel

A crucial artistic tool? Right. Nobody ever got anywhere without a Lens Baby.

Unless you feel a compelling need for cheap plastic and poor optics that result in photos that maybe one out of 100 times you'd want in your portfolio, then they're useless pieces of crap; no more useful than soft focus lenses were in the 80's.

Oh come on...tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Alright,

I think anyone who buys a lensbaby and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread for longer than a week is absolutely retarded.

To answer the original question...I believe a lens baby goes on just like any lens would...so it's pretty easy.

To answer the original question...I believe a lens baby goes on just like any lens would...so it's pretty easy.

You are correct. They go on just as easily as any other lens.

I love mine...I have the first generation LB. It can be tricky to get good shots with them, but once you play around with it for a while, you start to get a feel for the types of shots that the lensbaby effect works well with.

Don't go into it thinking that you can turn any shot into an 'artsy' shot with the lensbaby....some shots just don't seem to be meant for that kind of effect.

Wow. Someone has a hate on for the Lensbabies!
I love to play with mine but that's all I really think of it, as something to play with. It is certainly not a crucial artistic tool, but nothing is wrong or retarded about liking it for longer than a week. :greenpbl:

I like my lensbaby 2.0. It's simply a 'fun' lens for me. Certainly not a reliable lens if you need to capture the moment, but if you just want to play and experiment, then the Lensbaby might be your cup of joe.

I find there pretty tricky to work at first, you gotta get used to them. Ive played with the 2 and 3 at work, and while the 2 is easy to operate and simple, the 3 is capable of a lot more but a bit tricker to use.

as Alpha was saying you only get a few good shots out of the many you take, as was proven by the customers i was helping who was trying it out as well. If you have the time to set up the focus and get the shot right, sure, but its in no way good for on the go quick shots.

Certainly one of the funnest parts of the LensBaby is being out on the street shooting while having a short little limp thing hanging off the front when everyone else has such long hard shiny ones...

I was looking at a lensbaby... until I found that I could do 90% the same effect in photoshop using Radial blurs.

I was looking at Lenbaby photos...then I felt kind of sick and had to sit down for a while.... :lol:

I was looking at a lensbaby... until I found that I could do 90% the same effect in photoshop using Radial blurs.

Yes, but who wants to be stuck at a computer when you could get the effect behind the camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back