lense question

mrsid99 said:
I don't feel bad about helping to hijack this thread because I think KS answered the original question really well and probably saved the guy from a costly mistake.
It also left some great opportunities for silly comments!

agreed!

good job sid, way to leave it wide open for guys like us to make crass comments!!!

p.s. On a side note, everytime I see your name, I think of Sid from the Final Fantasy Video games. It brings back a comforting time for me...wanna cuddle? lol

md

last week!!

usually a strong shot of febreeze does the trick though...

md

ksmattfish said:
NO!!!

Old style manual focus lenses for Canon cameras use the FD mount. AF Canon cameras use EOS lens mount. They are not interchangable.

I thought they had some kind of converter that would make FD mounts fit EOS mounts. ....Yeah here it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2985878131&category=30059

Still on top of no AF. I'm not sure if you will have any metering. So unless you have a handheld meter or you are alot more talented than I am (well actually it wouldn't take much to be more talented) It wouldn't be of much use.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's true that you can get converters for all sorts of mounts. You could put almost any lens, telescope, microscope, etc... on an Canon EOS, but an FD lens does not fit an EOS body without some other part being involved.

If you're going to get an adapter I say you look for one that'll let you use Pentax screwmounts on an EOS body. You can probably get some amazing Super Takumar wide glass for a lot less than FD gear. When Pentax was making the Super Takumar lenses they were actively attempting to be better than Zeiss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back