lenses????

well I was about right ;)
anyway a used 30D or 40D is going to cost you more than the XT and its better to spend more on lenses than on cameras. Besides 3fps is still plenty fast for many cases:
here take a look at these:
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/galleries/fauna-geese_and_ducks_of_racconigi.htm
the top shot (and several others) are taken with the XT (called 350D) and its standing up in quality next to the other more powerful camera bodies - because the glass on the camera is top end quality. Better glass is much more important

right, but those are ducks not track or car racing.

You need a fast SHUTTER SPEED to stop motion. The digital rebel goes down to 1/4000 of a second, IIRC. It might be 1/2000. Either way, you're damn near NEVER gonna need something that fast. Maybe if you're shooting hummingbirds.

I shoot XT's (have 3) I also shoot "L" series lenses. Listen to the people that know. Buy glass, not bodies. All the bells and whistles won't take the picture. Good optics are a must.

Tom Hooper
Gary, Texas

You aren't getting it!

You need a fast SHUTTER SPEED to stop motion. The digital rebel goes down to 1/4000 of a second, IIRC. It might be 1/2000. Either way, you're damn near NEVER gonna need something that fast. Maybe if you're shooting hummingbirds.

noooo I'm not talkng abut shutter speed, I'm talking about continous fps

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

lol

I'm done with this thread. If you want any more of my help, I charge by the hour. I'll include the one you already wasted in the bill if you're interested.

If you're this unwilling to do any of the legwork yourself, I shudder to think of what'll happen when you actually GET the camera and are trying to figure out how to use it.

I'm done with this thread. If you want any more of my help, I charge by the hour. I'll include the one you already wasted in the bill if you're interested.

OK, sorry, I didnt force anybody to keep on talking. How does an xti with 18-55 for 639 sound?

I am going to get good glass, for the rebel, but I said more suggestiong because now if I get the rebel I can spend alot more on lenses.

and I hope I can come back and show you the good shots your suggesions lead to (assuming I get some good shots...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back