Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_4640w.jpg

thank you

its not doing a whole lot for me, sorry

I think he means the watermark.

What you are doing is processing less, but I've yet to see a photo without some kind-of major processing job. Te photo is a little blurry and the background is a little distracting.

All your stuff is too dark for my liking, and nothing ever seems to be in focus.

All your stuff is too dark for my liking, and nothing ever seems to be in focus.
+1, i wish i could tell what it was, this is like REALLY abstract, but like someone else said, "hey, if you like it, keep doing it"

The only thing I notice in this picture is the watermark, and it is pretty big. Takes up about a 10th of the photo.:???:

I have to agree this is pretty dark, and very flat in the contrast department. I can live with dark, but very low contrast in black and white is tough to use effectively. Here's your histogram:

picture3sl.png

Pretty much nothing above 50%. It took me a minute or two to figure out what the subject was. I clipped the dead space off of the top with levels and it looks like this:

img4640w.jpg

While there are obvious issues with pushing a small jpeg this hard, I think you get the idea. I like the image, but it works a lot better for me with more dynamic range and contrast.

Last edited:
I have to agree this is pretty dark, and very flat in the contrast department. I can live with dark, but very low contrast in black and white is tough to use effectively. Here's you histogram:

picture3sl.png

Sorry for the noob question - - but how did you access this info. I searched on histogram, but couldn't find out how you got this for someone elses posted photo. thanks

Make the logo smaller.

I think this would look way better if the crab was off to the right 1/3 of the photo. Obviously something that couldn't be changed with a crop, because you would lose the water from the ocean. I like the processing, but agree it's too dark. I feel like it's the kind of thing you would see as a graphic/logo for a film production company that you see at the beginning of movies. Something that is animated then ends up as that photo. I don't know, I have it playing through my head, but can't describe it.

I have to agree this is pretty dark, and very flat in the contrast department. I can live with dark, but very low contrast in black and white is tough to use effectively. Here's you histogram:

picture3sl.png

Pretty much nothing above 50%. It took me a minute or two to figure out what the subject was. I clipped the dead space off of the top with levels and it looks like this:

img4640w.jpg

While there are obvious issues with pushing a small jpeg this hard, I think you get the idea. I like the image, but it works a lot better for me with more dynamic range and contrast.

Ooh....now I can tell what it is! I thought it was a plastic deer figurine. I think the photo is nice, just needs some work in the contrast department...also a little noisy.

picture3sl.png

Sorry for the noob question - - but how did you access this info. I searched on histogram, but couldn't find out how you got this for someone elses posted photo. thanks

I opened the file in GIMP, then did a selective image capture (shift + cmd + 4 on a Mac) to take a picture of the graph. Photoshop, GIMP, Lightroom, Aperture, or pretty much any image processing software should allow you to access a histogram.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back