Lightroom : can't import files anymore...

virginie24jb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

So I was importing photos from two nights ago and that was fine. Then I wanted to import another bunch of photos from a timelapse and suddenly Lightroom seems not to detect any photos anymore. When I go into the folder (in the import window), it just says "Include Subfolders" but it doesn't list the photos as it used to. I can go in any folder I want, it's the same everywhere. There's no way I can import any photos anymore.

I've read that this problem often occurs with LR 5, that's the version I'm working on. Has this ever happened to any of you? If so, how did you fix it? :icon_sad:

Not familiar with this problem. What happens when you navigate to a folder where you have images which have not already been added to the LR catalogue? Do you see nothing, greyed out images, or?

Sorry I should have been more specific. Here's what I see, no matter what folder I try. It can be a folder with images already imported on LR or a folder with images that have not been imported yet.

2zej9d0.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at the post. :)

Some say there is a xmp file somewhere that needs to be deleted but I can't find any.

I've tried creating a new catalog but I have the same problem when I want to import new files into that new catalog.

Yes. When I was looking for solutions I came across a post written by someone who had the exact same issue. It was from February. It hasn't been fixed yet. So I posted in the thread saying I have the same problem. Now I'm waiting for answer...

Can you save what you have and then Reinstall? I bought myself an external hard drive just incase of corrupt files or malware.

Did that too. I saved the backup of my catalog just in case but I deleted the program and reinstalled it. The problem is still there. I have no idea where it comes from... If it were in the catalog then creating a new one would fix it. But it doesn't.

Okay so problem solved! :icon_thumleft:
I'll give the answer to those who may find themselves in the same situation.

When you import photos in LR, you have several options : Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, Add.

If you choose Add there's no Destination tab on the right. But if you choose the others, there is one. That Destination tab simply wasn't expanded.... I had it collapsed/expanded it, and oh surprise! The photos appeared. :aiwebs_016:
I chose Add again. The photos were there. It's weird but I don't care, it works now. :icon_rolleyes:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back