snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone using third-party plugins for creating a website? Free, paid, user-friendly and recommendations? Thanks!

Interesting. Haven't seen anything like that but it seems like a convoluted way to make a website.

Perhaps, but it seems to be using LR as something it's not...a web development tool. I've only glanced at some of the info after you mentioned it but I can't help but wonder what sort of flexibility you have. How complex can you make the pages? Ok, so midstream I looked at their website. Based on the user pages it seems like you can do a good bit. And it spits out clean HTML. Interesting concept.

I still don't think LR is the place to build your site, but maybe I'm old-fashioned. :)

Perhaps, but it seems to be using LR as something it's not...a web development tool. I've only glanced at some of the info after you mentioned it but I can't help but wonder what sort of flexibility you have. How complex can you make the pages? Ok, so midstream I looked at their website. Based on the user pages it seems like you can do a good bit. And it spits out clean HTML. Interesting concept.

I still don't think LR is the place to build your site, but maybe I'm old-fashioned. :)
I don't know............ it's for a photographer to build a simple site around their photos. And right from LR! Seems pretty nifty to me.

Once I started looking at all the user sites, I'm even more interested! I don't need an overly-complex website, just something simple to build, use, and navigate easily. I'm not plugging the software, but for a coding know-nothing like me, it could really work well. Here is one user's site...................

http://danielleu.com/

Simple, light, easy to navigate, and it pretty much will make everything for you with a minimum of coding knowledge!

You may be right. It's hard to get a lot out of a few screenshots about what the user interface is like but it does seem quite capable. I didn't check. Is there a trial available? I found the Wordpress works fine for me and it's incredibly simple to setup with a bazillion themes (though I did pay for one). My background is software development but I try to avoid web development.

LR is not a web publishing/developing software.

There are plenty of sites out there that can create a gallery site very similar to that in a very "non-code-known" manner. like Wix or Weebly or alike.

They can host, and have content management systems all built in to an easy to create/edit template. sometimes even drag and drop style building.

creating a website today is easier than it's even been.

Last edited:
LR is not a web publishing/developing software.
Of course not. Hence, the software to do it with!

There are plenty of sites out there that can create a gallery site very similar to that in a very "non-code-known" manner. like Wix or Weebly or alike.

They can host, and have content management systems all built in to an easy to create/edit template. sometimes even drag and drop style building.

creating a website today is easier than it's even been.
With all of those, you have to already have your images exported. With this particular piece of software, you can do everything from within LR. No need to have already exported images and have to keep up with where they are on your computer. Like I said, I'm just evaluating this type of stuff. Thanks for your thoughts on it.

Most reactions

Back