Limerock. ALMS

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some shots I took at Limerock today. Too bad I don't have an slr yet. Stupid point and shoot :x, even on full manual it limits alot of things. I didn't do anything to these, they are right off the camera, any suggestions?

C&C Please, I don't know if anybody would be interested in seeing more, but I am going to put some more up on my webshots tomorrow so if anyone want to see them just click my webshots link and I'll have an album up, probably tomorrow. Thanks guys hope you like them! (sorry there are so many, I had a hard time choosing only a few :mrgreen:

HPIM3810.jpg

HPIM3812.jpg

HPIM3941.jpg

HPIM3942.jpg

HPIM3973.jpg

HPIM3975.jpg

HPIM4001.jpg

HPIM4010.jpg

HPIM4061.jpg

HPIM4075.jpg

HPIM4077.jpg

HPIM4081.jpg

HPIM4082.jpg

HPIM4083.jpg

HPIM4122.jpg

HPIM4125.jpg

HPIM4135.jpg

HPIM4173.jpg

Just a suggestion, if you want serious C&C, try and limit your posts to five images or less. Given that it takes at least 1-2 minutes per image to do a serious critique, eighteen images is a lot to ask of someone. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to let eighteen images load, but that's another issue.

Just a suggestion, if you want serious C&C, try and limit your posts to five images or less. Given that it takes at least 1-2 minutes per image to do a serious critique, eighteen images is a lot to ask of someone. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to let eighteen images load, but that's another issue.

Ya, I tried, but I always feel like I was leaving something out. If it's too much just quickly scroll through and if you see some that catch your eye, you could talk about those, or just the first couple. Whatever floats your boat I guess. Sorry about your computer, thats sucks, I have a computer like that, it's soooo slow, I hate it.

WOW WOW WOW :)
9 11 15 and 17 are amazing :) good shots!

These are great shots for a point and shoot. I know first hand how tough it can be to photograph race cars as they zoom by. I wouldn't have bothered posting the photos were the cars are cut off. You'll always have throw aways no matter what you are shooting. Out of the ones you actually captured, nice job.

These are great shots for a point and shoot. I know first hand how tough it can be to photograph race cars as they zoom by. I wouldn't have bothered posting the photos were the cars are cut off. You'll always have throw aways no matter what you are shooting. Out of the ones you actually captured, nice job.

Oh really, cutoff ones are no good. The first one is one of my favorites but the dam tire barrier got in the way of all my shots from there. I can only amagin how sharp the cars would have been, judging by how sharp the back is where you can see. Thanks

I gotta agree with the cut off cars... i'm not a big fan of them stuck on one side with a bunch of motion blur on the other... I do really like the close up of the busted porche!! All of them have good color and are sharp.

I really like the composition of five- an interesting perspective, and 11 is just wonderful. Agree about the cars being cut off, but these are fantastic considering the equipment you used.

Also, ALMS is some of the best racing in this country hands down.

Thanks alot guys, I will not put up the cut off cars next time, hopefully I will have enough good ones that aren't cutoff. Hopefully I will have my 40d by then!!!

great color and very interesting subject to have the opportunity to shoot. Though a good camera is nice to have, all of us need to go back to the basics in our minds to remember good composition and the "eye." So no worries about what camera you used - point/shoot or slr... if it's good it's good, if it's bad - well - that's why we are all here. To LEARN.

Quite frankly, I think you got some really cool images here. I agree with those that discussed the cars that were cut off. My favorite is the beat up close up car. Shows the after affect of a crash very well. Tells the story. The rest are just cars going by... BUT well captured to freeze them like you did.

Overall - very cool. Cat -

great color and very interesting subject to have the opportunity to shoot. Though a good camera is nice to have, all of us need to go back to the basics in our minds to remember good composition and the "eye." So no worries about what camera you used - point/shoot or slr... if it's good it's good, if it's bad - well - that's why we are all here. To LEARN.

Quite frankly, I think you got some really cool images here. I agree with those that discussed the cars that were cut off. My favorite is the beat up close up car. Shows the after affect of a crash very well. Tells the story. The rest are just cars going by... BUT well captured to freeze them like you did.

Overall - very cool. Cat -

Thanks Cat. The crashed porsche was just pure luck. My dad and I went back to our car to get some water and when we came back the were taking the car off the track, through a gate in the back. I got there and there were a couple press people there and everyone was shooting away, or atleast me and the 4 other people that happened to be there when the car was brought out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back