Litter turned into art

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I went out today with my new camera to see what I could come up with, this is my favorite shot out of the bunch. What do you think?

bottle.jpg

this was at a local park about 10 minutes from where I live. It is simply a beer bottle, laying in a puddle of rain water. The water almost looks like oil of some sort in the picture, but it's only water!

Nice one. Did you take any more from the same angle perhaps with a smaller aperture? I am thinking that the shot could have been improved by a greater depth of field.

Still a great shot, well spotted.
RJ

ramjamband said:
Nice one. Did you take any more from the same angle perhaps with a smaller aperture? I am thinking that the shot could have been improved by a greater depth of field.

Still a great shot, well spotted.
RJ

i wish I had, i took several shots of the bottle, but none came out this well.

Also, i always get confused by this... by "greater depth of field" do you mean the background is more in focus or more out of focus?

More in focus. If you remember that when using a small aperture setting there will be 2/3 in focus behind your subject and 1/3 in focus in front of your subject, so don't immediately set your focussing at infinity as you will then lose the 2/3 behind your subject. It is better to pick out something almost halfway into the shot and focus on that.
So when photographing landscapes and wanting maximum depth of field(focus), select small aperture, focus approx 1/3 into the scene, check depth of field preview if you have one, operate shutter release...job done.

These are exactly the types of shots I shoot for. I don't know enough yet to critique it, but it definitely is appealing to me. Great shot.

Nice shot. I like the angle also. You can just make out the neck of the bottle - just enough to be able to work out what it is. Gets you thinking a little. :)

Aaron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back