Physics demonstration

borenbr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken during our yearly demonstration at a local Faire.

Kodak DC5000 digital.

break_boren_2.jpg

I was just impressed with my wife's timing with the digital camera.[/img]

Hi Borenbr!
That's a great first post, welcome aboard and, as you say, terrific timing!
I'm thinking that if all the bricks were glued in position and the guy was just resting his fist there then you'd have the same effect, hmmm.....this could be worth something.

Heh except for the falling dust between the bricks.

Worst part of the picture is the foreshadowing, the brick on the left side of the photo fell on my toe, people were asking me if my hand hurt and thought I was insane when I replied "No but my toe sure does."

borenbr said:
the brick on the left side of the photo fell on my toe, people were asking me if my hand hurt and thought I was insane when I replied "No but my toe sure does."

That's one of the best comeback lines I've ever heard!
I'm also impressed that you were the guy doing the brick smashing, didn't realise that until you mentioned it.

if only she could have captured your face as the brick landed on you.
or half a second after you saw the brick coming down, if you saw it at all.

May I ask what rank and art? Brown Belt TKD here. Much much respect for that strength break.

really really cool action shot mate! thanks for sharing that. Maybe I can hire you to tear down the wall in my kitchen ;).

I was just going to mention that the only thing, i can critique is that the platform doesn't seem level, but when you take these shots it so darn hard to do.

awesome first post :) hope to see more! and happy new years!!

My wife was just shooting free on the photo no tripod, I tends to disrupt the "oooh aah" factor when you stop for a photo op. heheh.

We spent about 2 hours one day trying to get some good photos of jump kicks without getting any good ones.

If anyone has any ideas as to why we can catch a high speed movement like a break and its crisp but something like a kick comes out blurred I'd be interested in hearing why and if there is anything to do to clear up some other action shots.

Its taken on a Kodak DC5000 digital camera. And neither of us are formally educated on camera usage. My wife has a manual and understands more about lighting than I do but I tend to feel she lacks emotion in alot of the shots she takes. I'll have to dig out a few more and post so I can get some more ideas on where to start learning how to compose better shots.

Thank you to all who have commented on the photo.

ps. Happy new year!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back