live concert photography help

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by lisa_13, Nov 22, 2008.

1. lisa_13

lisa_13 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    so for my final photography project i'm shooting live concerts....i had a gig all set up, but the venue had overbooked so they had to cancel.
    i'm having trouble getting in touch with other bands. usually i call the label and talk to someone and they hook me up. however this week i've found that whenever i elave a message....i dont get a call back.
    any suggestions? anything is very appreciated.

2. justshootingconcerts

justshootingconcerts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Lisa -

I would recommend two other avenues:

* Contact the band PR firm. Usually, you can dig this info up on Google, although sometimes it takes some digging.
    * Contact the venue and see if they will allow you to bring in your DSLR. It is possible that the venue will work with the band manager and get you set up.

I'm assuming you are looking to shoot small local bands. If not, then you will have a difficult time trying to obtain a photo pass without credentials.

Good luck. Feel free to contact me via my website if you have any other questions.

Chad

3. Fiendish Astronaut

Fiendish Astronaut TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Contact smaller bands via their MySpace - often they'll have a press contact listed there. Smaller venues often let photographers in without needing a pass as well, though I couldn't tell you which in Boston! Problem is, those venues are often the most poorly lit. Difficult to get passes for bigger gigs unless you have a contact in the band/label, or are syndicating via an agency or for a magazine. But it doesn't hurt to ask.