Live View in Nikon D90 vs D300

i use it for some macro work.... handy to zoom to check focus... it's also good to use when my camera is only a foot or two off the ground or any other situation where using the viewfinder is uncomfortable...

using it to set white balance is also handy...

i use it for some macro work.... handy to zoom to check focus... it's also good to use when my camera is only a foot or two off the ground or any other situation where using the viewfinder is uncomfortable...

using it to set white balance is also handy...

I do a considerable amount of macro work and the liveview with digital zoom is a very handy feature as it allows me to finetune the focus. I shoot living corals where the individual polyps may only be 1/16" in size and thats fairly hard to manual focus, It's the actual zoom part in liveview that is the most useful feature.

I'm only 5'4" tall and the liveview comes in handy when doing tripod work where I need heigth and don't have a ladder or chair

I used to be very cynical about the LV on the D300. In the recent past though I have used it a few times. When I do real estate photography and want my tripod up really high, high enough that I cannot see through the view finder, I use LV. It is great when trying to frame at such heights. However, and this is a big however, the controls on the D300 suck. You have to hit the shutter release like 2 or 3 times to get it to take a picture. So sometimes I think I have taken a picture and I really haven't. It takes some getting used to as I still am.

Most reactions

Back