long exposure shots from my hometown

noisytoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
noisytoy.net
oké, people, I need SERIOUSLY feedback from this pics! I'm not a crack on photographing, but I want to make progression. Some oh's and ah's are nice, but don't help me. Just say what I can do better on those!

195.jpg

194.jpg

190.jpg

186.jpg

Thanks pals!

since thats what u want, im going to be brutally honest :lol:

there is no content, i dont see anything in the photo ... you could improve your "eye" ... there is nothing to show here

whew, hope that wasnt too bad :roll:

Thanks Dew, exactly what I meant!

Ahm... yeah, you might be right, but that's not my kind of photographing I think, having a subject or something.

It's just a street, but the composition makes the picture more attractive than a subject does when you photographing at night I think.

But i'll learn, i'll learn :roll:

Hey Toy, I think the first one is really great, it has great composition and shows enough of the industrial location to make it moody. The second one doesn't show enough of the location, or any colour to offset the white light and black shadows to grab the eye. The third one: I like the lines, but I would have preferred more light. The fourth one doesn't do it for me, but I can see where you are going with it.
Keep it up, I am interested to see more.
-Alicia

I really don't see anything in #2 or #4

#1: There isn't enough energy or something. All the lights and red streaks, but somehow the heavy emphasis on horizontal lines makes it much more static. Go back and try some different points of view and angles. Look for lines that lead the viewer into the image. Diagonals are more dynamic.

#3: I like this one a lot better with the diagonal lines. But too much black on the right side. Crop it to a square or reshoot from a differnt angle so that you miss the sign that is blocking all the light.

ok dudes, going out on a limb here.

I love this type of photography. why? because I love cities. I was raised in the country, and Any chance I get, i go to a city. these photo's look barren and urban and empty, but it makes them unique and erie.

my two cents worth anyways.

md

thanks for the comments people!

Got some good hints and nice comments here, gonna shoot tonight again! (If I can make it)

I did those shots with a Lomo LC-A, a russion compact camera, so I didn't have a chance to play with the exposuretime and diafragma. Now I'm gonna use my regular camera!

The first one is interesting, but your framing is off in my opinion. I think you should have framed out the lights at the top of the frame. I see what you're trying to do, but I think you've got a bit of work to to before you get there. Nice try though.

The lonely bike really doesn't do much for me. It is very difficult to see the bike and then it is just a bike, nothing really moving about the composition and no story to be told. The lighting is dark and well.... I will leave it at that.

As for the second bike, it is almost straining to the eyes just to look at it.

...brutally honest.. you asked for it..... :twisted:

Most reactions

Back