Looking for models in return for prints!

bellaPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bellapictures.com.au
This is so hard!...Im not sure how to go about this anymore.

I am a portrait photographer and have advertised for models in return for prints. Then i get responses that i am a scammer/ dodgy and more negative comments. Im getting really frustrated with people saying these things when in fact, all I want is for people to model for me to add to my portfolio and in return they get the prints.

Is that so hard to comprehend. Im not scamming anyone and not asking anyone for any money whatsoever. Im not even asking them for money with the prints. But yet I get all these negative comments that im trying to be dodgy and trying to scam people.

There was one site that had lots of mothers wanting their children to work as model or want them to join a modelling agency so they can get work, so I advertised there, then i recieve emails saying "why should I send pics of my children, we dont know who you are" ...etc when in fact i have specifically told them what business i am in and what my intentions are.

Please help, what does it take ?? Im practically giving away free photos!!!

thanks for reading and listening!

www.bellapictures.com.au

I'm not sure if this is something that they do in your neck of the woods but is it possible to get in on one of those Expos or trade shows for modeling? If so, perhaps you could get a table or in with a smaller agency to do "free" headshots. Also something simple... recruit any friend's kids and add those to your book and web site. Don't ask for photos of kids before setting up sittings. Just shoot every child that you have the opportunity and make sure that any information that you hand out to these parents has your web address on it. Hopefully once they see that you're a serious photographer, maybe they will trust that you're not a predator. Good luck.

We dont have many Expos or Trade going on here. The information i give to people all have my details such as contact details and website address on it. I have given out flyers and advertised in the papers but keep getting really negative responses.

Why is that? Am i doing something wrong that makes people think im out to get them?
please let me know!

You're probably not doing anything wrong. It's just that people are very cautious. It's warranted in some cases and really frustrating in cases like yours. Have you tried doing inexpensive portraits instead of the swapping modeling for prints?

Join onemodelplace.com There are a TON of models on there who will shot TFP from all over the world

photogoddess said:
You're probably not doing anything wrong. It's just that people are very cautious. It's warranted in some cases and really frustrating in cases like yours. Have you tried doing inexpensive portraits instead of the swapping modeling for prints?

Yes i have tried giving very inexpensive portraits, yet still no-one is interested to the point where i have say they are for FREE! I thought lots of people would be interested in having free portraits of their kids/children etc but its not the case.

They would rather pay hundreds of dollars to join a modelling agency, have their photos done at their expense, then wait for jobs to come to them. But when it is given to them, they dont want it?? Thats so strange to me.

Im lost now!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back