Looking to replace a Crumpler 7MDH

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As the title states, I'm looking to replace a Crumpler 7MDH. It's been my faithful side kick for about 7 years now but it's feeling a bit tight and unorganized. This is the gear currently stashed in the 7MDH:

Nikon D750
24-70 f/2.8 mounted on Nikon
70-200 f/2.8 VR II
16-35 f/4
Nikon SB-910
Pocket Wizard PII x 2
Sanyo battery charger + 3 sets of rechargeable
2 additional Nikon camera batteries
assorted cables, connectors, business cards, etc...

All the batteries are stashed in one of the divided sections and I have to dig to find them. The front flap holds the assorted cables and it's a mess. The top compartment has a manual as well as several SD cards and I have to fish through those to find what I want. I have since added a D70 that is primarily my photo booth camera but I'd like to carry it on occasion. I will be adding a permanent second body to the mix and an 85 f/1.8 is in the very near future. Last time I had the same lineup plus the 85 I usually had to pick and choose which lenses to take. What I would like is something that will comfortably fit my gear with a little room to expand as necessary and the ability to keep it organized and protected. I had started with looking at Domke bags as they've been on my radar for a while, but I just don't know. I like the padding on the 7MDH and want something that would be just as protective.

I have my eye on the F-1X but I don't know if it's going to be too big and if it's going to provide the protection I need. I'm still going to keep the 7DMH and 5MDH I have on hand to use when it's needed but I'd like to find a shoulder bag that will fit all my gear and last me. Also, weather protected isn't an absolute must but it's something I would appreciate. I have a Chrome messenger bag that fits my laptop that I carry for work and school. It has a lifetime warranty and is water resistant. It has been perfect so far. If I could find a Chrome-esque bag that was large enough to haul all my stuff, I'd be happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back