Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I will be shooting 4 facilities in Oklahoma and Texas next week, and will be driving from South Bend Indiana through OK to El Paso Texas, and then on to Florida. I will have one evening in El Paso to get out and shoot some landscapes. I've always wanted to shoot some desert/mesa scenes and maybe even the milkyway over the desert.
Does anyone know of scenic locations to shoot? And having never been in that part of the world before, are there any precautions that need to be taken from potential danger (both animal and human) for shooting either day or night in the desert?

Looking forward to your replies,

Boruch Len

Old Ft. Bliss El Paso
Franklin Mountains State Park Just north of El Paso (30 minutes north)
City of Rocks State Park, (New Mexico 2 hours n/w)
Organ Mountain National Refuge (New Mexico 1 hour north)
Spring Canyon State Park, Deming, NM, (1hour 45 minutes West)
If you want scrub desert then go north of Chaparral NM, about 3o minutes north of Franklin Mountain State Park.

You can pull all these areas up on Google Maps and view them to get an idea of what they are like.

As for shooting night sky the best closest location will be south of Pinon NM. About a 3 hour drive north and east of El Paso. That is about the closest area where you will have the least light pollution.

Personally I would stay out of Ciudad Juarez, especially with camera gear.

FYI Do not forget to go to Chico's Taco's. They are an El Paso institution. If you would rather have good sit down Mexican food go to the El Tender Restaurant at San Antonio and Kansas St on the south side of San Antonio. Its' in the down town area.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back