Lost my Harley Davidson...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...to my wife!

She completed today the training and testing of motorcycle riding and she told me the bike is hers!

That means I'll be getting a bigger bike sometime soon! Woohoo...

The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.

Congrats to your wife for getting her license and congrats to you for getting out of a sporty :mrgreen:

2006YZF-R1.jpg

If you're looking for a new bike, now is a good time to get something that's not a piece of crap :wink:

Now's your chance to get a good motorcycle, like a Honda or Kawasaki!

If you're looking for a new bike, now is a good time to get something that's not a piece of crap :wink:
Would normally agree, but you posted a cramped up uncomfortable racing machine. Not everyone wants to be boy-racer out on the streets.

A Vulcan or Shadow, that's the ticket. Spend half as much, get the same comfort, and spend less time keeping it running. Or be a loud obnoxious *** and get a Harley with aftermarket pipes. Then you can say ridiculous statements like "loud pipes saves lives." That's probably the most stupid statement I hear constantly from the Harley crowd.

2006YZF-R1.jpg

Ha ha ha... Not for me

Food for thought though... Could you find parts for this bike in 20 years from now? Because you can with a Harley.

Would normally agree, but you posted a cramped up uncomfortable racing machine. Not everyone wants to be boy-racer out on the streets.

A Vulcan or Shadow, that's the ticket. Spend half as much, get the same comfort, and spend less time keeping it running. Or be a loud obnoxious *** and get a Harley with aftermarket pipes. Then you can say ridiculous statements like "loud pipes saves lives." That's probably the most stupid statement I hear constantly from the Harley crowd.

No matter what you think, my story about loud pipes.

Riding one day to work, minding my own way and in my lane, I come by a merging area (on my right) and I see a white Mercedes speeding behind me on the lane that was merging onto mine. Just as I see it on my right, I see the driver, a lady talking on a cell phone. Obviously she didn't see me or hear me. She starts moving to her left, onto my lane and into me. I was flanked on my left and had other cars ahead and behind me, so no place to go. Instinctively I revved the engine so she can hear toe 'loud pipes'. She did hear them, almost dropped the cell phone and she moved back into her lane, waited until both I and the car behind were ahead and then proceeded moving. I am convinced that doing the 'loud pipes' thing saved my skin.

Are there obnoxious Harley riders with loud pipes? Yes. The pipes they use are called drag pipes and they are less effective than stock pipes. They are mostly for effect (noise). But one can't say for certain that the old adage 'loud pipes save lives' is not true. I am living proof. ;)

Ha ha ha... Not for me

Food for thought though... Could you find parts for this bike in 20 years from now? Because you can with a Harley.

And you know why that is?? It's because Harleys keep their same parts and never update them with better, newer ones. They're using the same technology they did a long time ago. Being able to find the same parts for your bike 20 years later should be a bad thing. :lol: :wink:

Yeah, I know hahaha...Anything is better than the Harley though. :lol:

And you know why that is?? It's because Harleys keep their same parts and never update them with better, newer ones. They're using the same technology they did a long time ago. Being able to find the same parts for your bike 20 years later should be a bad thing. :lol: :wink:

The same is to be said of the throw away cameras. There are newer and newer cameras that are going obsolete in 5-10 years, while some of us, myself included, still shoot with cameras made in the 1930s that are still functioning like the day they left the factory.

Just a matter of taste, I suppose... ;)

No matter what you think, my story about loud pipes.

Riding one day to work, minding my own way and in my lane, I come by a merging area (on my right) and I see a white Mercedes speeding behind me on the lane that was merging onto mine. Just as I see it on my right, I see the driver, a lady talking on a cell phone. Obviously she didn't see me or hear me. She starts moving to her left, onto my lane and into me. I was flanked on my left and had other cars ahead and behind me, so no place to go. Instinctively I revved the engine so she can hear toe 'loud pipes'. She did hear them, almost dropped the cell phone and she moved back into her lane, waited until both I and the car behind were ahead and then proceeded moving. I am convinced that doing the 'loud pipes' thing saved my skin.

Are there obnoxious Harley riders with loud pipes? Yes. The pipes they use are called drag pipes and they are less effective than stock pipes. They are mostly for effect (noise). But one can't say for certain that the old adage 'loud pipes save lives' is not true. I am living proof. ;)

I too have many stories like this one and I am living proof that this old saying may sound ridiculous but it's very true. Although my pipes are not obnoxious, they are a bit louder when going down the road then when at idle. I won't wake the neighbors when sitting in my driveway but you can hear me on the road and it gets louder when getting on it. Here's a couple of shots of my choice of a "great scoot" not just a "good" one :mrgreen:

2725619504_637dd33ed7.jpg

2725619544_9b5ce55c92.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back