Lost

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by JohnMF, Sep 14, 2005.

1. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

Ive had this photo on my hard drive for a few weeks now. I thought it was a nice idea that didnt quite work. the two backpackers blended into the background too much for them to have the prominence i wanted, so i decided to leave them colour and turn the rest mono. Has it worked? Are they an adequate focal point.

Any other critiques more than welcome

[​IMG]

YCbCrPositioning: 2 ExposureTime: 1/200
    ExposureProgram: 2 ISOSpeedRatings: 400
    ExposureBiasValue: 0/2 MeteringMode: 5
    Flash: 16 FocalLength: 50/1

2. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    personally i think they are kinda lost in there, I think a all b+w would suit this shot better, and I like the view, cool shot.. has a very Europian look to it.

3. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

thanks raymond. I feared the two backpackers where getting lost. Everything in the photo seems to lead the eye to them but when it gets there the subject is mingled in with everything else. I was hoping the colour would pop them out abit.

Think its the combination of backpackers and cafe/bar tables on the street which give it a european feel :) They're standing in front of the Liver Buildings and checking a map, popular place for tourists!

4. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

you could also try the reverse approach: make all colour and them bw. it's worth a shot. because i personally don't like this partial desaturation. the tourists are just too eye-catching so to say.

5. lazarus219

lazarus219 TPF Noob!

they defintely arent a big enough focal point, and i dont think desturating them, with other things in color would work any better- it might even make them less prominent, or it'd just look like a wierd part of the image,

I guess anythnigs worth a go though