Love On The Wall

Always interesting concept, a photograph of other's people "works". How you may classify this ?
Visually intriguing (at least for me), might look interesting in large print. Question; did you increase the contrast to this point ? Eliminating all grays ? I think it was a good idea

Visually intriguing (at least for me), might look interesting in large print. Question; did you increase the contrast to this point ? Eliminating all grays ? I think it was a good idea

I'm not sure the actual age of this particular wall, but it was across the street from a house that was built in 1625. The wall surface and the house surface are both of coquina stucco. The graffiti is scratched into the surface of the soft stucco, so over the years the weather makes it less visible with less contrast. The original was barely discernible, so in answer to question, yes the contrast was enhanced, but more importantly the blacks were darkened and the whites lifted, by channel in the curves module then moving my black and white point in the RGB.

I'm not sure the actual age of this particular wall, but it was across the street from a house that was built in 1625. The wall surface and the house surface are both of coquina stucco. The graffiti is scratched into the surface of the soft stucco, so over the years the weather makes it less visible with less contrast. The original was barely discernible, so in answer to question, yes the contrast was enhanced, but more importantly the blacks were darkened and the whites lifted, by channel in the curves module then moving my black and white point in the RGB.
Nice. Now it is also a documentary of sort. We tend to ignore wall graffiti, but it is first form of human art, even before humans started to erect walls. LOL.

Now it is also a documentary of so

Up close it is possible to pick out notes going back what I suspect are many years. As the stucco weathers the contrast decreases to the point that the scratches become mostly invisible. I wish I would have had the supplies with me to do a charcoal rubbing.

Ohhhh. I thought it was chalk. I like it even more now!

Ohhhh. I thought it was chalk. I like it even more now!

The reason I said I can't guess the age of the wall is the house next to it dates back to 1625. At the fort, the stucco inside still bears the scratches/drawings of Spanish soldiers dating back to 1565. On those places prorected from the weather, the graffiti has survived. So apparently it's been going on awhile.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back