Madison Rowley, World Beard and Mustache Championship Winner

Dan, I like it. In my opinion the arm positioning brings you right back to the focus of the image. The beard and mustache. After my eye completed that "loop" I noticed the facial expression. It's as if he is contemplating shaving!! Great job
Thank you.

That's hilarious, because we were chatting about the temptation of beard shaving and how hard that temptation can be to resist sometimes. Growing a beard like that takes a LOT of time and restraint. I've never been able to get close to where he is; maybe 1/4th of what he's got, and even that is a challenge for me. His took 2 years to grow.

I fight the urge every summer. Too damn hot and itchy.
Good thing I'll be back in Alaska this Summer, where beards are highly celebrated and respected. I plan on entering mine into Ketchikan's beard competition during the blueberry festival in August. I can't touch my beard for 5 months, and it's already pretty big.

We had to cancel our contest because of last year's "fluffing" scandal.

Dan, I like it. In my opinion the arm positioning brings you right back to the focus of the image. The beard and mustache. After my eye completed that "loop" I noticed the facial expression. It's as if he is contemplating shaving!! Great job
Thank you.

That's hilarious, because we were chatting about the temptation of beard shaving and how hard that temptation can be to resist sometimes. Growing a beard like that takes a LOT of time and restraint. I've never been able to get close to where he is; maybe 1/4th of what he's got, and even that is a challenge for me. His took 2 years to grow.

I fight the urge every summer. Too damn hot and itchy.
Good thing I'll be back in Alaska this Summer, where beards are highly celebrated and respected. I plan on entering mine into Ketchikan's beard competition during the blueberry festival in August. I can't touch my beard for 5 months, and it's already pretty big.

We had to cancel our contest because of last year's "fluffing" scandal.
Ummmmmmm. This could be interpreted a couple of different ways, lmao.

Have mercy.
Noone Is forcing anyone to participate here, and Noone will hold it against anyone that feels another forum is better suited for them.
I'm a mod on 3 photography forums, and this one, by far, has the best overall bunch of people.
There's a little something for everyone here.
No one said anyone is being forced. Others and I were pointing something out that is commonly seen here. No need to intervene.
I was just making sure.
I've noticed an awful lot of bitching about this place from random people lately and I just wanted everyone to know that they are not locked in here.
Thanks for the concern. I've noticed an awful lot of other bitchy things too, so I understand your frustrations.

Have mercy.
Noone Is forcing anyone to participate here, and Noone will hold it against anyone that feels another forum is better suited for them.
I'm a mod on 3 photography forums, and this one, by far, has the best overall bunch of people.
No one said anyone is being forced. Others and I were pointing something out that is commonly seen here. No need to intervene.
I was just making sure.
I've noticed an awful lot of bitching about this place from random people lately and I just wanted everyone to know that they are not locked in here.
Thanks for the concern. I've noticed an awful lot of other bitchy things too, so I understand your frustrations.
Glad we're on the same page brother.

Have mercy.
I was just making sure.

You'd like to think that wouldn't you.

What about those of us with internet forum Stockholm Syndrome?

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif

Have mercy.
I was just making sure.

You'd like to think that wouldn't you.

What about those of us with internet forum Stockholm Syndrome?

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif
TPF is like the company I work for. Lots of people leave, but they ALWAYS come back! The power of TPF compels you!

Well this thread was a rollercoaster :icon_eek:

Great shot!! Personally, I'm a fan of how the edited tones seem to bring out the grays in his beard as well as add a nice sheen and move some of the emphasis to it as a result.

Well this thread was a rollercoaster :icon_eek:

Great shot!! Personally, I'm a fan of how the edited tones seem to bring out the grays in his beard as well as add a nice sheen and move some of the emphasis to it as a result.
Thank you.

The beard was the subject; great beard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you. I actually tried to make it so the beard was a main focal point, but didn't want it to overshadow the model completely.

I have nothing to say about exposure or white balance art nor anything else

I'm just jealous of the beard!

I think it looks great. My first thought washe took so much time and effort making his beard look good, he should have run a comb through that arm hair to get it all going in the same direction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back